Sure, there are plenty of attractive women who can hold a somewhat interesting conversation, but it’s no easy task finding a woman you’d want to take home to Mom.
At DatingAdvice.com, we understand the trials and tribulations associated with dating. With that said, we’ve constructed a list of the top eight ways to meet single women.
So kick up your feet and relax. We’ve done a lot of the work for you.
1. Online dating.
Online dating sites are quickly becoming the norm for finding your future soul mate. That’s why DatingAdvice.com chooses online dating for number one.
- Billed as the “Number one destination for online dating with more dates, more relationships and more marriages than any other dating or personals site,” Match.com is an obvious go-to for meeting Miss Right.
- Other great sites include eHarmony.com and Zoosk.com.
- According to Match.com’s Happen Magazine, “Forty million Americans use dating services; that’s about 40 percent of our entire U.S. single-people pool.”
- Men’s Health website reports, “In the U.S., there’s an average of only seven single women between the ages of 20 and 44 per square mile.” By dating online, you are expanding your choices in a mate without having to drive across town.
The numbers don’t lie, so check out our review of 2013’s best dating sites.
2. Do what women do.
If you want to meet a woman, then go where women go.
This can be anything from the beauty parlor (only real men get pedicures), a romantic comedy at your local movie theater or simply take a yoga class where the male-to-female ratio will most likely be in your favor.
- According to Match.com’s Happen Magazine, “Statistically, the find-someone odds favor guys: There are 86 unmarried men for every 100 unmarried women.” So bring that to an art class/wine club with confidence.
- Get out of your social comfort zone. By changing your daily routine (i.e. the restaurants you frequent or the gas station you fill up at), you will increase the chances of meeting someone new.
- By staying within your close-knit social circle – doing the same things day in and day out – you will keep meeting the same women over and over. Check out Yelp.com for new (or at least new to you) hot spots.
“Many women love a man who is
sensitive to the world around him.”
3. Involve the people in your life.
This is called “the social proximity effect” and it means the chances of two people meeting is directly connected to how many contacts they share.
- According to Men’s Health, “You’re 227 percent more likely to meet a potential girlfriend through a friend or family member rather than in a bar, at the gym or on the street.”
- Get together with your good friends and plan some future outings – a music festival, a weekly movie in the park, a social hour at a local museum or anything that increases your chances of meeting people of the female persuasion.
4. Be active.
Exercise stimulates the brain to release endorphins, which yield a euphoric feeling and make people feel happy. This is just one of the many reasons why being active can help you meet Miss Right.
- Join a co-ed team. Askmen.com says, “Not only do you get to be surrounded by a group of sweaty, athletic women, but you also may meet someone who shares your love of sports. Try consoling a woman from the losing team and point out one of the excellent plays she made.”
- Train for a marathon. People who train together to run a marathon become a close-knit group. They help each other work toward personal goals.
- Join a local runners group or train for a marathon and you might just meet a lovely lady to help you stretch your hamstring.
5. Hit the bar.
It seems like an archaic piece of advice, but woman still go to bars looking to meet men.
- Pay attention to body language. If a lady’s hanging out with her girlfriends but constantly scanning the room, then you’re probably good to go.
- On the other hand, if she’s involved in an intense conversation with someone who looks like a sister, co-worker or best friend, then back off.
- While Match.com’s Happen Magazine reports that only 9 percent of women and 2 percent of men say they’ve found a relationship at a bar or club, that’s still a chance.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously, avoid being too cocky and listen to what she’s saying.
6. Hit the gym.
This seems like another piece of advice that should have been left in the 1980s, but the gym is still a viable place to meet women. Just don’t act like a total meathead. Leave your tank top and neon short shorts at home.
Hit the treadmill and glance around every few minutes to check out the scene.
7. Involve your girl friends.
By girl friends, we don’t mean the five women you’re currently juggling. We mean your friends who are actually female. Hopefully you have some because they prove a great asset when it comes to meeting single women.
Let your lady friends know you’re looking for a serious relationship and they will start inundating your inbox with possible connections.
There is nothing cuter or sweeter than a man who gives up free time to help out another human being or furry friend. A 2008 study published in the British Journal of Psychology showed women consider altruism more important in a mate than men do.
- According to Menshealth.com, “Compared with single women, single men spend 45 minutes more a day watching TV and about 20 minutes more on the computer.” So unplug your electronics and get out of the house.
- Participate in a cancer walk, help your friend fix his car or bake brownies for your neighbor.
- Check out websites like Volunteermatch.org, Serve.org and Habitat.org to learn about ways you can get involved in your community.
Whether you’re looking for a wife or just a lovely lady to go on vacation with, DatingAdvice.com has taken the guesswork out of how to meet single women.
To start following the yellow brick road to romance, give our reviews of the best dating sites a glance over.
Photo source: stylerug.net.