1._is she into me 2. How do I hold her interest until I can take her out

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2020 at 7:20 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Pheonixphantom
    Pheonixphantom
    Participant
    April 11, 2020 at 12:14 am #232707

So I’ve been talking to this girl lately We met at this job I had years ago

We hit it off immediately talking to her was always great it got to the point where every time I was on break i prayed I’d see her but we worked total opposite hours so it was nearly impossible to ask her out she knew I had feelings for her though. Recently we reconnected on Facebook and she’s single once more ! We had more and more conversations and I started to remember why I fell for her…so then Valentine’s day came and I sent her a personalized e message I basically told her how i always felt back then when I saw her. She seemed moved by it. After a couple more conversations I actually did being up the idea of hanging out…suddenly we were talking about SPECIFIC SCENARIOS WHERE WE COULD HANG OUT!!!!! what kind of.movies does she like I mentioned a hangout I do weekly with friends and she started replying with emojis big smiles

Pheonixphantom
    Pheonixphantom
    Participant
    April 11, 2020 at 12:14 am #232708

…hearts and even a couple of these bad boys 😘

And then

You know what happened

We still talk

She still seems enamored with me

Is she into me?.is she just being nice? Pitying me? If she is info me how do I keep her interested too we can hangout coming with excuses to talk to her is getting harder

lsal1
    lsal1
    Participant
    April 11, 2020 at 10:42 am #232712

I think you just need to straight up ask her out on a date. Guys don’t pursue women enough anymore, and they don’t let women know how they straight up feel/their intentions. Be different and do it, and be CONFIDENT! you got this!

Pheonixphantom2
    Pheonixphantom2
    Participant
    April 11, 2020 at 11:57 am #232718

(I’ve been locked.out of my account and everytime I request a reset link I get the email and click the link and it says it’s invalid)

Well that’s the thing like I’ve said I’ve already basically told her I like her and we were talking about going places she was even the first to say something specific(movie)

jackryan664
    jackryan664
    Participant
    April 11, 2020 at 5:51 pm #232719

just be honest and straight up with her

Pheonixphantom2
    Pheonixphantom2
    Participant
    April 11, 2020 at 10:49 pm #232722

What do you mean? I haven’t been deceiving or tried to play a mindgame with her?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    April 13, 2020 at 1:53 pm #232761

“suddenly we were talking about SPECIFIC SCENARIOS WHERE WE COULD HANG OUT!!!!!”
    “And then You know what happened…We still talk.”
    “She still seems enamored with me… Is she into me?.is she just being nice? Pitying me?”
    “… how do I keep her interested too we can hangout coming with excuses to talk to her is getting harder”

Generally speaking I say if you have to “figure out” if someone is into you it usually means they’re NOT!
    Secondly why is it just up to YOU to keep the connection alive. If she was “into you” she’d also be initiating calls.

Last but not least in the future STOP asking girls to Hang Out!
    Man up and ask them out on dates. “Hanging out” leaves to much room for gray areas.
    Both people usually walk away still wondering if there is romantic interest or not.

Most guys who ask girls to “hang out” do so because they’re afraid of being rejected!
    An invitation to “hang out” allows them to play games with themselves by pretending it was not a date proposal.
    Therefore if she says “no” he can claim the offer to “hang out” was a strictly platonic invitation.
    This is one of many steps which puts guys in the “friend zone”! A fast rejection saves you time and money!

ThatGuyFrank111
    ThatGuyFrank111
    Participant
    April 16, 2020 at 6:12 pm #232895

1.She is into you
    2. You should not stress about trying to hold her interested all the time. If she’s really into you she will not suddenly change her mind overnight. the worst thing you could do is to make conversations look ”forced” and make her uncomfortable,

Pheonixphantom
    Pheonixphantom
    Participant
    April 21, 2020 at 10:10 am #232970

HEY I GOT MY OLD ACCOUNT BACK!

ALSO…..IN TO ME CONFIRMED

Ok so my original plan was this…

She had posted something on Facebook worrying in general about a neurological condition she has she’s probably worried about it cause of you know what though she didn’t express it explicitly

I was just about to start taking the above advice and not worry about holding her interest until I can see her but I wanted to begin that transition in a way that subtly but surely showed her that she wasn’t just a hot girl I was pressing my luck with that I was feeling something so I responded to the post with a simple.. ” I hope you are well” expecting not much more than a “thank you”/” that’s sweet ” etc then I was going to begin following the above advice about not stressing about holding her interest then…about a day and a half later I get a message back….

“I’m doing good how are you”

there was no reason to say anything other than the truth which happened to be…

(Continued below)

Pheonixphantom3
    Pheonixphantom3
    Participant
    April 22, 2020 at 7:25 am #233025

(So I got the old account back then the exact same thing happened again to both it and the original backup 😠 but screw it I’m feeling good anyway the rest of that was….)

I said “Hanging in there had a birthday this week and was thinking of certain people know what I mean?”

then she said “Awww happy birthday I didn’t know!”

it had been years since this job there was no reason she would I simply said

“I wasn’t implying you did or should but thank you 🤗 ”

She asked how old I am now

31 I said

She said “Awww still a teenager”

so I teased back “still young and handsome ; ) ”

She replied “yes you are 🤗 ”

So yeah I think this solves it! She’s into me!

Sorry if all these account problems are making this confusing but this pretty much confirms she’s into me right

weshightower
    weshightower
    Participant
    April 22, 2020 at 2:25 pm #233039
    Reply To: 1._is she into me 2. How do I hold her interest until I can take her out

I think shes into you, she just has a lot on her plate. I mean a neurological condition? No idea how serious it is but with her health to worry about I’m surprised she has been as involved in this as she has. Also, this sounds harsh but depending on how serious her condition is, you need to consider the ramifications of dating someone with health problems. If you are ok with that you needed to ask her out weeks ago. Although it is difficult with this covid situation, I am having a problem with this myself.

Pheonixphantom3
    Pheonixphantom3
    Participant
    April 25, 2020 at 5:11 pm #233126
    Reply To: 1._is she into me 2. How do I hold her interest until I can take her out

I asked her to go.with me.to the.last.movie.I saw.in theaters before we shut down unfortunately she had something to do out of town that day to be fair it was spur of the moment planning it was when NCAA was supposed to start and we probably would have waited to this particular movie came to streaming otherwise we literally decided to see it the day before basically just out of anger at things we were anticipating being cancelled I didn’t include this info in the invite obviously a movie was actually something SHE BROUGHT UP HERSELF when I suggested hanging out and I legit wanted to see her cause I always feel better when im.around her (didn’t include that in the invite either at.least not in that way) but as I said unfortunately she had something to do out of town that day when we got home I had a laugh with her about how empty the theater was talking to her had always made me feel better since I met her (I included this in the v day message)

Pheonixphantom3
    Pheonixphantom3
    Participant
    April 25, 2020 at 11:38 pm #233130

I just noticed I forgot to mention it was.some.friends.who.originally again spur.of.the moment invited.me.sorry.supper.got here.right after I hit send