22 year old and 18 year old dating weird?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2019 at 9:43 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ihavequestions8
    ihavequestions8
    Participant
    May 19, 2019 at 6:26 pm #200669

So i matched with this girl on tinder (her profile said she was 20) but shes actually 18. She’s less than a month away from graduating and I am currently going to the same college she will be going next semester. I have spoken to my friends about this one said that it’s a hard no the other said it is fine if she graduates. I like really just don’t want to seem like a creeper and I was curious as to what everyone’s opinions were.

lishaQuickQ
    lishaQuickQ
    Participant
    May 20, 2019 at 12:33 am #200671

4 years is nothing… but it’s weird that she lied about her age

Johnriver
    Johnriver
    Participant
    May 20, 2019 at 5:47 pm #200787

No its not weird, it all depends on your levels of maturity. She probably lied about her age to get more matches as 18 is really young for men 25 and over. Just date her and see what happens.. Have fun thats all.

camhick706
    camhick706
    Participant
    May 24, 2019 at 12:34 pm #201003

Unless she behaves in ways that you wouldnt expect a girl the same age as you to, i would say there’s potential. Especially if she does get into college and educates herself further, then she’s on the right path to qualify for an older guy

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    May 25, 2019 at 4:00 pm #201062

It’s not as if you were 18 and she was 14.
    A four year difference between adults is not a big deal at all.
    Even if some people thought it was it’s none of their business what happens between two consenting adults.

The fact that (she lied about her age) shows she is interested in dating someone older than 18.
    So there is no reason for you to feel like you’re “creepy” or anything along those lines.

Hugh Hefner was 86 when he married a 26 year old former Playboy Centerfold model Crystal Harris.
    A sixty year difference clearly shows how insignificant a 4 year difference really is.

Odds are you are not going to end up marrying this girl anyway.
    In the U.S. the average age of a first time bride is 27 and for grooms it’s 29.
    A lot of people don’t get married until they’re in their 30s.
    My point is not many people meet their “soulmate” at 18 or 22! (At this point dating is all about having FUN)