26 f, never dated

DATING ADVICE FORUM

26 f, never dated

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2018 at 5:07 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Rijkop
    Rijkop
    Participant
    October 20, 2018 at 7:01 am #187583
    26 f, never dated

Is there any hope for me in the dating world as an ugly, super skinny and short woman? I don’t wear makeup or revealing clothes, because I think it’s false advertising (that’s just my personal opinion, I don’t have a problem if other people do it). I’m 26, never been asked out on a date, never been kissed, never had sex.

I tried my luck on online dating apps as well. I think I’m okay at conversation, if not the greatest. I hit off with a guy who super liked my profile, I had one picture on tinder (the most flattering pic of me). He wanted me to add him on Facebook, said that “I want to stalk you haha” . I’m not active on Facebook, my last post there is from 2015. But I added him and after that I never heard back from him. I think it’s because he saw other photos of mine and thought I wasn’t pretty enough for him.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    October 20, 2018 at 3:33 pm #187604

According to a NewsOk article over 85% of women wear makeup!
    How in the world do you expect to compete with them if you really are “ugly” and refuse to wear makeup.
    It’s up to you to look the best you can if you want to attract guys.

The first thing a man looks for in a woman is physical attributes and fashion sense.
    Every hunter knows in order to catch their prey they have to use the “right bait”.

There’s a reason why duck hunters use a whistle that makes “quack noises” and not one that makes “moo noises”
    Essentially you’ve admitted you know what men look for but have decided to refuse to equip yourself.
    You don’t get to tell the prey what they (should like or value).

The next thing is being personable and having a great sense of humor.
    Odds are you’re not the ugliest woman to have ever walked the earth.
    I bet you can go to many public places and see unattractive women with boyfriends and spouses!
    A negative attitude is a turn off. Positive people are attractive.

Rijkop
    Rijkop
    Participant
    October 20, 2018 at 3:41 pm #187605

Alright, I’ll set up a GoFundMe to get some plastic surgery and hopefully I’ll catch some “prey”.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    October 21, 2018 at 9:03 am #187621

In the mean time there’s nothing wrong with looking the best (you) can. Do what you can starting today!

Whatever (you) feel makes you “ugly” there are ways to enhance it contact lens, diet, dermatologist, dentist, hair extensions, clothes. Working out to have a tone body, getting one’s hair done new color/style professionally, learn about various makeup/lipstick and techniques.
    Going out with girlfriends to dance/nightclubs or listen to live music, join some fun hobby groups on Meetup dot com

Another option is to consider dating guys who are of a difference race or culture.
    What men find most attractive about women sometimes vary by culture.
    There are also niche dating sites.

Ultimately when you feel good about yourself you exude positivity and confidence. No one should believe they are “ugly”.
    And even you’re never going to be a “knock-out” there should be some skill or talent you possess that gives you confidence.

The world may not owe you anything but YOU owe yourself the world!

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    October 22, 2018 at 3:08 pm #187717

26 is very young. Dating opportunities don’t stop at 26 or near that. Some people find that person well past 40 (more and more people do). So stop putting pressure on yourself. Stop making dating such a big deal of success/failure.

enjoy life.
    learn how to enjoy life
    enjoy the things you love
    enjoy each day
    enjoy each moment

If you can just keep doing that – you’ll be surprised how quickly somebody comes along. BUT YOU MUST do those things for THOSE THINGS – not because “this should help me find a partner”.

Good luck.

ThrowawayAccount
    ThrowawayAccount
    Participant
    October 23, 2018 at 4:06 am #187725

Honestly if he did that, he’s not worth your time and you deserve better than that. Patience it the key to happiness love. You’ll get there!

giuliaengels
    giuliaengels
    Participant
    November 10, 2018 at 3:17 pm #189165

I think you just have to believe in yourself more.
    I mean one guy on tinder literally says nothing.
    Just start approaching more guys around you. I know easier said than done but you can do it!