26 YR Old Divorced Dad Need Help

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    January 1, 2020 at 6:10 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Golfer0808
    Golfer0808
    Participant
    December 31, 2019 at 9:47 am #227089

Hi I’m 26, newly divorced with two kids. I started dating my ex wife before all these online Datong apps came out. So this is my first time trying out the whole online dating thing. My question is when is the best time to tell women about being divorced and have children? Bio, when we are initially messaging, 1st date, 2nd date? I think I know the answer but I just wanted to get y’all’s feedback.

Thanks

daveferr8544
    daveferr8544
    Participant
    December 31, 2019 at 9:59 pm #227090

I think you should put that you have children in your bio, but you don’t have to worry about putting that you are divorced. You can let that come into conversation after a 2nd date I would say.

frank34
    frank34
    Participant
    January 2, 2020 at 9:08 am #227108

you should avoid to tell about your past.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    January 2, 2020 at 11:49 am #227171

I would include it in my bio… “Divorced father of two…etc.” but don’t put that at the beginning.
    Like it or not most online dating initially begins with a great profile photo.
    If someone doesn’t find (you) attractive they’re not going to bother reading your profile.

Secondly if someone is primarily interested (casual dating) or nothing “serious” your parental status is unimportant.
    Ultimately it’s important to know what it is YOU want from an online dating site. It pays to research as well.
    Not all sites are equal. There are also niche dating sites specific for single parents if you’re looking for that compatibility.
    Single Parent Love, Single Parent Meet, and Single Parents Match are just a couple of them to consider.

Since you’re just starting out you may want to read a few how to articles or books regarding online dating.
    Check out; Online Dating Avoid The Catfish! How to Date Online Successfully

Keep in mind online dating sites are just a tool for meeting new people.
    You’re responsible for having your own screening process.
    Keep your options open by dating multiple people until you mutually agree to become exclusive.