27 year old woman & 45 year old man… how should I proceed from here?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    April 4, 2019 at 3:29 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Anonymous
    Anonymous
    March 22, 2019 at 10:55 pm #197477

A year ago I met my moms boyfriends best friend. Instant connection and hesitant given how we know each other. It has been obvious to everyone that we are interested and drawn to each other. Nothing has happened between us up until a few days ago. We were both out with friends and in the middle of our Saturday night out we ditched our group of friends to hang out one on one. Met at the local bar and immediately was open about our interest in each other and other important things. One of which he hasn’t committed to a relationship in a while.. he wants to get married and does not want kids. All good with me. We ended up sleeping together that night and I stayed until the next morning. This was a week ago and I have. Kit heard from him. Do I leave it be or do I reach out to him to hang out? I feel like he may be being cautious or possibly just not interested and it was a one night stand? But I’m not sure.. we have had chemistry every time we’ve been around each other since we met..

Amelia Loves
    Amelia Loves
    Participant
    March 23, 2019 at 5:11 pm #197484

Hey, I honestly think that if a guy wants it, he will contact you. If I were at your place, I would just assume he is not interested in making it serious.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    March 24, 2019 at 11:48 am #197492

“I feel like he may be being cautious or possibly just not interested and it was a one night stand? But I’m not sure..”
    We’re not talking about some shy high school guy. This is a 45 year old man.

If {he is interested} in seeing you again he will contact you.
    In the meantime go on with your life and (date other guys)!

Generally speaking if you have to “figure out someone” it means they’re probably NOT really into YOU.
    Nevertheless he may contact you again for another “booty call” even if he doesn’t want a relationship with you.

Avoid the common mistake of emotionally investing in someone too quickly.
    In this instance (assume) it was a “one night stand” and allow him to surprise you if it turns out to be more.
    Please don’t wait by the phone or obsess over the one night you had together.

In order for (him) to be “the one” he would have to see (you) as being “the one”.
    At the very least a “soulmate” is someone who actually WANTS to be with you! (And vice versa)

Move on!