The several night stand?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

The several night stand?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    April 4, 2020 at 12:53 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

User2944
    User2944
    Participant
    December 10, 2019 at 3:49 pm #226396
    The several night stand?

I met a guy on Tinder for a hook up . I though after having sex once we would never speak again however he messaged me 10 mins after leaving my house. We left it 2 weeks before talking again after that night tho and he had a week in the hospital unwell and the other i was on my period so couldnt see him. Then he asked to do it again and stay the night so i agreed. We had great sex but he was very cuddly after an was acting as tho he was my boyfriend. He was moving further away the day after he stayed the night and messaged me the next again day wanting me to stay in his new place already that night. I thought it was too quick to meet up again now he wants me to come this weekend and i dont know if this is clingy or not and where we go from there. Is this just hooking up?

Two weeks not meeting up i thought was a good gap or normal??

• This topic was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by User2944 User2944.
    • This topic was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by User2944 User2944.
    dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    December 11, 2019 at 12:40 pm #226472

Maybe you “rocked his world”! No one asks for 2nds or 3rds of a bad meal.
    Great sex will keep a person coming back over and over again even if they know a person isn’t “right” for them.

Another possibility is he’s simply not having all that much luck hooking up with anyone else.
    Contrary to popular opinion men really don’t enjoy the chase. They’ll take the “low hanging fruit” over loneliness.

It’s also not uncommon for people to find themselves in “accidental relationships” or “situationships”.
    A one night stands become a “booty call”, A “booty call” evolves into an intimate friendship due to a crisis in one of their lives…etc.
    The next thing you know spending time together isn’t just about hooking up anymore.

What do YOU want?

Do you openly discuss your other hookups with each other? (Or pretend there is no one else)

Do you want to be free to have sex with other guys?

Is HE relationship material?

Are you afraid of becoming emotionally invested?

Those are the questions you HONESTLY need to answer.

User2944
    User2944
    Participant
    December 12, 2019 at 6:42 am #226519

I enjoy the hook up. But he has young child so not appropriate to be jumping in with both feet.

I donr want to become emotionally attached if it goes wrong.

We havent discussed other hook ups but havw discussed our previous relationships he wanted to know why i split with my ex and he gave me a few hints about his break up.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    December 13, 2019 at 11:16 am #226562

“I don’t want to become emotionally attached if it goes wrong.”
    That’s like saying I don’t want to get married if it leads to divorce.

Getting into relationships or marriages is always going to be about taking a chance.
    Only you know whether or not someone is worth taking a risk with.
    If deep down you’re open to being in a relationship with him simply take things slow and let them evolve.
    On the other hand if you’re not interested make yourself less available.

Having discussions regarding failed relationships isn’t the typical conversations people have with a “booty call”.
    Sounds like it’s going to be up to (you) to create some distance and keep this from becoming anything more.

You might also {nonchalantly} ask him if he’s had any luck yet in the singles scene of his new town.
    Make sure you’re doing your own thing by going out with (other guys) as well. You don’t want an accidental relationship.