40 year old dating in NYC- so confused by this guy after 7 dates/3 months!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    April 4, 2019 at 3:36 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jessica22
    jessica22
    Participant
    March 19, 2019 at 3:30 pm #197102

I went on a group trip to the Caribbean over New Year’s even where I met a great guy (his best friend invited me). We hit it off physically and verbally over the trip but kept our romance under wraps with our friends. After returning from 7 nights in paradise to a big city where we both reside, I wasn’t sure if this would carry on. I’ve now had 6/7 dates since we’ve been back. Mostly initiated by him in advance and consists of dinner out or a night in. Always just us two.

WELL, his 40th birthday is now coming up and he put a big party invite on Facebook but has not invited me nor mentioned. I can see because some mutual friends are going. It’s not formal- about 100 people invited to a casual bar. I did see him last week for a date and thought for sure he’d mention.
    What am I to think? He must know I’ll see pics posted after the fact- 8 mutual friends are going. No one knows we have been dating though. Can is just be casual sex after 3 months?

• This topic was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by jessica22 jessica22.
    dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    March 22, 2019 at 6:32 pm #197466

Yes it can be casual sex after 3 months and only 6/7 dates.
    Three months works out to be 12 weeks and he’s hooking up with you less than once a week on average.
    If a guy was truly “into you” he would be spending (multiple nights) with you during the week or full weekends.

“No one knows we have been dating…”
    After three months??? Your status sounds like a “booty call” or “friends with benefits” arrangement.

Having said that if you’re one of his “Facebook friends” his posting a party invite means you’re invited by default.
    It also means don’t expect him to “hang out” with you and he wants to keep your hookups on the down low.

As far as most men are concerned if you have never had “the talk” about being (exclusive) it means you’re NOT.
    Hopefully you have been keeping your options open as well. If not, you should be.
    There is no such thing as being “exclusive friends”.

omarito
    omarito
    Participant
    March 23, 2019 at 4:38 pm #197483

Great