51. Divorced. Financially struggling.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 2:11 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

minnesotadude
    minnesotadude
    Participant
    August 3, 2018 at 12:16 am #180755

I’m 51 and I’ve been divorced for 8 months (separated and womanless for over two years).

In a nutshell, the divorce was not good for me financially. The basic way we ended up splitting our assets was her keeping the house, and me keeping my retirement funds. It is substantial, but I obviously don’t want to touch it for quite a few years to come.

So for now I live in a little one bedroom apartment and live paycheck to paycheck. I pay my bills, I pay my child support, I am frugal and responsible. But I’m not some guy who can take off for the Bahamas on a whim. And divorced women in their 40s and 50s don’t seem to be looking for guys in my situation.

Do I aim my sites at “dating down” bigtime? Like, the hotel cleaning lady? Or do I just accept romantic defeat and focus on Yoga and loving myself, and finding the true happiness within?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    August 3, 2018 at 5:56 pm #180800

At this time you probably don’t need to be rushing into anything serious.
    If someone is simply looking to have a “good time” in the moment your financial situation isn’t important.
    As long as you have enough money to get through the night or weekend that’s all that matters.

You also have the option of dating/hooking up with younger women while away on vacation .
    Sure you can’t “take off for the Bahamas or Cancun on a whim but you can PLAN a trip 6 months or a year in advance.
    Set up some alerts on Apple Vacations dot com or Travel Zoo dot com to get notifications of hot deals.

There are also sites like singlecruises dot com where groups of singles go on cruises to meet other singles.
    Meetup dot com is a site filled with numerous hobby/interest groups who meet for gatherings once or more a month.

There are also women who are in your ex-wife’s shoes where they got the house from the divorce.
    Therefore they don’t “need a man” with a house nor his money! Just a good guy!