A guy that seemed very interested all of a sudden doesn’t open my messages.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 5:01 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

clueless101
    clueless101
    Participant
    November 29, 2019 at 9:33 pm #225830

So, I went away and met a guy. We really hit it off and ended up sleeping with each other that night. I assumed it would just be a one night stand kind of thing. I requested him on Facebook and he accepted immediately, then that day he followed me on Instagram and I followed him back. The following day he messaged me on Facebook and we continued to message for days. Whenever he replied late or something like that he would always apologise and say how sorry he was. We met up again and had a beautiful night together and slept with each other again. We continued talking for days after, then I said when am I seeing you again, he said he was very keen to see me again and we organised to catch up that Sunday. I couldn’t make it because I had a family do but he didn’t check to see if I was coming again so I didnt worry about it. We continued talking and he would call me darling and tell me how sweet I was. Everything was going very well. Then all of a sudden he didnt open any of my messages.

clueless101
    clueless101
    Participant
    November 29, 2019 at 9:38 pm #225831

I’m 20 btw and his 21

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    December 2, 2019 at 4:07 pm #225988

Very few guys at 21 are looking to “settle down”.
    If someone is really “into you” it doesn’t matter if you have sex right away or not as long as it’s “great sex”.
    Having sex with you isn’t why he lost interest. He wants to play the field.

The mistake a lot of people make is acting as if they’re in a (relationship) when they’re in a “situationship”.
    This is why being “ghosted” affects them so much. They put all of their eggs into one basket.

Since you posted this under the category of “Online Dating” I assume you met this guy online or in social media.
    Odds are he still has an active profile which means he’s still (keeping his options open) by dating other people!
    Just as you should be doing. After all you’re not a “couple” or even close to being in a relationship.

I suspect when he hits a slow period he’ll try to hookup with you again. Move on, if you want more.
    Most guys in their early 20s just want to play video games, party with friends, watch sports, and get laid!

Kballer
    Kballer
    Participant
    December 6, 2019 at 6:57 am #226236

you forgot “and smoke weed while avoiding finding a job, and simultaneously living on their parents couch, in the basement”.