A women who contracts at my work and not sure if I should try or not.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2019 at 3:18 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

callawolf
    callawolf
    Participant
    June 18, 2019 at 8:08 pm #202380

I work at a hospital in Materials Management and I usually stock the floors and various other things supply chain wise. I’m a semi quiet person so I’m not too much of a talker, most of the time, so I tend to find it hard to meet someone and I’ve ALWAYS had a hard time reading people (hence why I’m in my early 30’s and have only been on one date, which failed big time).

There’s a girl who contracts with the hospital doing similar work as I (not exactly, just similar) who tends to keep to herself but I see in passing a lot. The other day, she came up to me, asked to borrow my pen, and then said she’ll come find me in my department to return it (she seemed to know exactly where I work in the hospital, I’m guess by my work shirt). A little while a coworker brought my pen over and told me that she was practically trying to hunt me down and to say thanks for letting her use it. This made me wonder if she was just trying to be super polite or if she was looking for an in to talk to me.

callawolf
    callawolf
    Participant
    June 18, 2019 at 8:15 pm #202381

Sorry for the double post, but there’s a character limit

Anyways, it got me thinking if she was just trying to be super polite, especially considering that I tend to keep two or three extra pens hanging on my lanyard where I keep my badge, or if she was just trying to look for a way to talk to me? Like I said, I’m very bad at reading people, so I tend to think people who’re being nice are trying to make a move, and people who’re trying to make a move are just being cool.

As stated before, and this makes me think she was just trying to be nice, I never seen her talk to anyone and she always kept to herself. I’ve only occasionally seen her make eye contact with me. I’m just trying to figure out before I do, or do not, do something and regret it either way.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    June 20, 2019 at 10:08 pm #202551

Personally I wouldn’t read too much into a woman borrowing a pen and returning it.
    For now I would simply make it a point of smiling and speaking to her whenever your paths cross.
    From time to time you can ask her how her day is going and see how she responds over time.

If over time she is asking you questions, smiling, being friendly maybe you can have lunch together one day.
    When meeting someone at work you can afford to take things slower and get to know them before making a move.

In he meantime consider joining some hobby/interest groups on Meetup dot com.
    There are various types of groups that meet once or twice per month which should allow you to expand socially.
    You may even consider creating a profile for an online dating site after doing some research and reading reviews.
    My point is you don’t want to put all of your eggs into one basket.

Whether your co-worker is interested in you or not get out and have some fun!

Best wishes!

JadeZ
    JadeZ
    Participant
    June 21, 2019 at 6:21 pm #202601

Hi there,
    I wouldn’t read to much in to it. She is probably a nice person and just showing her appreciation. However, if she keeps finding reasons to find you and borrow that pen again, I would make a move.