Advice

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Advice

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2020 at 4:12 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ice
    ice
    Participant
    March 22, 2020 at 1:58 am #231837
    Advice

So I’ve been dating this girl that I met for about three months now. She lives an hour and a half away. So we only get to see each other on the weekends. At first things were going great… but after a month (this was the fifth weekend in a row of seeing each other) it really bothered me that she never offered to pay for anything on our dates. So one night we were out and I asked her if she could get me a beer. She looked at me and walked off without saying anything. She then told me that we weren’t in that stage of our relationship yet. She started crying.. threw a fit and wanted to leave (which we did). Was I in the wrong for asking her if she could get me a beer?

direstraits1987
    direstraits1987
    Participant
    March 22, 2020 at 11:31 pm #231849

Almost all my dates for the past 4 years has been splitting meals or drinks, if she refuses to pay for a drink she is not worth it.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    March 25, 2020 at 4:36 pm #232067

There is no “right” or “wrong” only “agree” and “disagree” on such matters.
    The goal is to find someone who (agrees) with you.
    (She may be “wrong” for YOU)

Some (women) believe men should always pay for dates.
    Others will occasionally “treat” their (boyfriend) to a meal.
    Then there are those who insist upon pay their own way and splitting bills.

One would think that after spending five passionate weekends together a beer request wouldn’t cause a blowup.
    Odds are she is NOT all that into YOU.

Had she been into you she would have happily bought you a drink.
    This would be especially so after the 3 months mark of dating.