Advice for hooking up during Corona Virus

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2020 at 5:39 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

El-Komodo
    El-Komodo
    Participant
    March 26, 2020 at 12:26 pm #232129

Due to this ridiculous virus, there’s been quite a few businesses closing down everywhere lately which has made making plans rather difficult. For background, there’s a girl in my office building I’m trying to set up a CASUAL thing with. Not looking for long term relationship. Just some fun.

Ideally, I’d like to hang out for a bit before heading back to my place. She lives about 35 min away and I’ll have to pick her up. Heading straight back to my place would be a little too obvious and she still lives with her parents so her place is off the table.

Anyone have any strategies to make this work? Lol

tephros
    tephros
    Participant
    March 26, 2020 at 5:03 pm #232180

Outdoor things like parks and hiking is about the only way to date in general right now as far as I’ve determined. If there’s somewhere pretty near her or between you, that would be the place. Just escalate step-by-step and see if she’s interested in what you want. If she is, it shouldn’t be too difficult/awkward to get her to the point where she wants to be somewhere more private with you.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    March 27, 2020 at 12:38 pm #232224

It’s usually not a good idea to be hooking up with or even dating someone who works where you do.
    Since you know this only about having casual sex with her it’s clear you see this as a temporary fling.
    Does (she) know that’s what it’s all about? If so she won’t have any problem going straight to your place.

On the other hand if you’re going to be faking her out with romantic gestures you may end up hurting her.
    It’s 2020! There are plenty of women out there willing to have sex without being “tricked” into it.

Give her a call and ask her if she’d like to escape from her parent’s house for a few hours.
    “We could order a pizza, watch a little Netflix, or do whatever. How does that sound?”

Note: If you haven’t exchanged flirtatious banter in the past or established a good rapport, forget about it!

It’s a huge leap to go from saying “hello” in the hallways at work to “lets go back to my place”.
    You may want to have a few (verbal phone conversations) first.

riccimauro
    riccimauro
    Participant
    March 28, 2020 at 3:34 pm #232268

It is really true, it is the sacred truth: people are happier when they are in love … than when they are not. And that’s why I’m here to tell everyone to try to find a soul mate also trying to leave the old habits not necessarily thinking that single is better; this is not true. Love is the only force that can save us from ourselves, it can improve us, improve the people we have close by and improve the world. :

Thank you all and may God bless you.

hbfhubfv
    hbfhubfv
    Participant
    March 29, 2020 at 3:05 pm #232274

Dating at this time sure is risky but some things is just date online for now.

Haley Tran
    Haley Tran
    Participant
    March 31, 2020 at 3:29 am #232353

Stay safe at home and date online are the best solutions.

beachtraveller
    beachtraveller
    Participant
    April 3, 2020 at 5:24 pm #232560

If it’s someone in the building that you don’t directly work with then go for it. If you work closely or see her regularly I wouldn’t mess around as things could get ugly! Given you don’t know who she’s been in contact with or what her social distancing compliance is, I wouldn’t be going out on new dates for the time being. Use the time to learn guitar or something then serenade her once this is over!

Daven75
    Daven75
    Participant
    April 4, 2020 at 4:50 pm #232575

I would definitely stick to outdoor activities and keeping a safe distance.

Heisenbergo091
    Heisenbergo091
    Participant
    April 5, 2020 at 7:23 pm #232588

I think it s better to stay home and safe for a couple weeks.

DatingExp
    DatingExp
    Participant
    April 5, 2020 at 11:15 pm #232589
    Reply To: Advice for hooking up during Corona Virus

There’s currently no evidence that the coronavirus can be passed on through sexual contact but it certainly is spread through close physical contact (e.g. being within two metres of someone puts you at increased risk). The virus can be passed on through direct contact with saliva or mucus, so this would include kissing. The COVID-19 virus has also been found in the faeces of people who are infected so rimming may also be a risk for infection.

Sydney321
    Sydney321
    Participant
    April 9, 2020 at 8:46 am #232655
    Reply To: Advice for hooking up during Corona Virus

Do you live by any parks? Cute picnic spots? Hiking trails? Somewhere with a cool view? I would say something along those lines would probably be best for now!