Advice on approaching girls you like?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2019 at 2:02 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Rey Hysterio
    Rey Hysterio
    Participant
    October 31, 2019 at 11:54 am #224437

So, I recently started moving on from a girl who rejected me after finding out my feelings for her. Looking back, while I know that attraction isnt something that can be fully controlled, I see that my approach was not ‘right’…I was too impulsive that it became obvious to her in our second convo that I liked her.

In order to move past this mistake, how should I approach girls I like? I see contradictory advice on the net, some pple say be direct from the start, others say be friends first…so which is which? Which approach is ideal when trying to get with a girl?

Rey Hysterio
    Rey Hysterio
    Participant
    November 3, 2019 at 1:53 am #224531

@gilly247: I’m annoyed with the spamming in these forums by bots. If you’re real and have advice, just give it here, I’m not sharing personal stuff like my email online.

JustAGuy92
    JustAGuy92
    Participant
    November 3, 2019 at 8:15 am #224533

My personal opinion would be to go with the flow, of it feels right then it feels right. I think it’s always best to start as friends..(whilst getting to know each other better) .. then everything else should fall into place if it’s meant to be .. 🙂 most of all just be yourself

Jack_P
    Jack_P
    Participant
    November 3, 2019 at 4:09 pm #224541

I’d say in general, if you manage to stay calm and be yourself, it works wonder. Because the thing is, sometimes when you really like a girl, you don’t behave like yourself anymore. You either get nervous, or put her on a pedestal, or try to get her attention at all costs. Instead, you should just be calm and collected. And pay attention to the way she behaves with you, and her body language. Some girls will give you very clear hints that they want you to make a move. Perhaps they are not even aware of that. You should not approach a girl if you do not see any display of interest towards you. Try not to focus on one particular girl; try to understand female psychology instead. Be funny and lighthearted if you can, make her laugh, be confident. Be yourself. The key is to find the right balance between the two things you said – being friendly and being direct. They need to be attracted to you, and they need to trust you. And if you get rejected, it’s not a big deal! Happens to all of us

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    November 4, 2019 at 1:03 am #224548

Never go with the “being friends” route.
    It’s a cowardly dishonest approach and usually at best puts you in the “friend zone”.
    Oftentimes once a woman finds out you had an hidden agenda by pretending to be her friend it’s not good.

Generally speaking if a guy asks a girl out she should know he is attracted her!
    Most guys have no interest in investing time and money on girls they are NOT attracted to.
    However women on the other hand have been known to say “yes” to going out with guys they have NO romantic interest in!

There are various ways of being “direct” to show a woman you are romantically interested in her.
    Flirtatious banter, sexual innuendo, asking them out on a date, leaning in for a good night kiss, or holding hands while walking…etc
    Eventually one learns to read signals and reactions to what is being said/done to gage if the attraction is mutual.

Unfortunately rejection is a part of life.
    In a world with over 7 billion people rejection just means: Next!

MidnightRain
    MidnightRain
    Participant
    November 4, 2019 at 8:24 am #224538

My advice would be to become friends with her first. If you find you have a lot in common or just connect really well, then try asking her out when the time is right. Try to look for signs that she is or isn’t interested in you, and go from there.

Hidden
    Hidden
    Participant
    November 6, 2019 at 3:50 pm #224753

Be confident. Dont ever see her as superior to you, even if she is popular, beautiful and has everything in the world. If you look up to her and see her as a greater being then you will be so nervous and flustered. Remember that you are unique and attractive, and if she doesnt like you then thats her loss because you deserve someone who likes you.

I wouldnt take the friend approach, girls like to have guy friends wrapped around their finger to boost their confidence and if you get in that situation you will just be heartbroken, unless you actually just want to be friends. If you want to talk to her with the intention of becoming something more than friends then be flirty and straight up. If she is interested she will appreciate you being up-front and she will reciprocate the flirting. If not, move on because there are endless amounts of girls who share the same characteristics that you see in her.

Holcomb66
    Holcomb66
    Participant
    November 11, 2019 at 3:30 pm #224945

I will give you advice which is personally used is Before you worry about what you are going to say or do to approach girls, you first need to understand when you should approach them. Oftentimes, timing can mean the difference between being ignored and winning a date.