Advice on asking for a second date

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2018 at 8:40 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Jerry123
    Jerry123
    Participant
    March 21, 2018 at 2:47 pm #168061

Hey there!
    I went on a date Monday from a dating App, it went well she actually turned up!. It went pretty good we had a few drinks she even bought me some!
    Towards the end of the date we talked about a second date and she suggested going on another I didn’t send a message yesterday because I was stupid and bogged down with work and by the time I got home I completely forgot… Shall I send her a text with something like
    “I just wanted to say I really enjoyed spending time with you Monday evening and I hope you did too 🙂 and I would like to meet up again if you would still like to?” (Please feel free to suggest extra things to put)
    Does that seem reasonable? I don’t want to come off as needy etc

Thanks!
    Jerry123

mickey9694
    mickey9694
    Participant
    March 22, 2018 at 3:24 pm #168179

In my opinion, your example reply could work, but personally, I would take everything after “evening” away. Keep things cool, say “I had fun Monday, that place is pretty cool. I know a nice spot just like that I would like to show you”, or something to that effect. By saying “if you would still like to” and “I hope you did too”, in her eyes, you diminish yourself, your confidence, and you’re acknowledging that the date may not have gone as well as you have wanted (even if it went great, you’re giving credence to the possibility it wasn’t). You don’t wanna be overly cocky, but you wanna demonstrate to her through your words that you KNOW the date went well, and that you KNOW she wants a second date, and that you KNOW a cool place to check out with her.

Even if a date goes terribly, you want to act as if it went very well and that there will definitely be a subsequent date.

Jerry123
    Jerry123
    Participant
    March 23, 2018 at 6:41 pm #168311

Welp too late I put that… no reply anyway so ive learnt to at least pretend to be confident. I’ll just have to try the dating sites again see what happens. But thanks for your input anyway!
    I’ll use that if I go on a date anytime in the near future!

Jerry123

jvj0981
    jvj0981
    Participant
    March 24, 2018 at 2:05 am #168314

I really think what you put is perfectly fine, hopefully she responds. Be careful not to show back up on the dating sites too soon, could show that you weren’t serious and are just moving onto the next best thing.

Jerry123
    Jerry123
    Participant
    March 24, 2018 at 6:51 am #168317

Being honest I’m not a confident person at all, for obvious reasons I can be more confident via messages but face to face I was nervous as shit. Like stuttering when she asked me something. So that’s something I NEED to work on, building my self confidence. I’m not going back onto it straight away I’ll see IF she responds (Not expecting anything being honest) and ill see friends, go out etc.
    But it was my new years resolution to go at least go on a date! even if I don’t get any replies I don’t care its something 🙂

jinx
    jinx
    Participant
    March 27, 2018 at 1:36 pm #168651

My advice would be to start with a simple “How are you doing?” as you know each other. Keep the convo from there on light and funny and don’t ask her out during the first sentence as it sounds a bit needy. Do it in the middle of a conversation and if you get a yes, keep the conversation minimal until you actually meet. Do not worry too much, you have nothing to lose :).

Bjoern1605
    Bjoern1605
    Participant
    March 28, 2018 at 10:33 pm #168868

That sounds great