Afraid to talk to women

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Afraid to talk to women

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2019 at 7:04 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Single1983
    Single1983
    Participant
    September 29, 2019 at 12:23 pm #207719
    Afraid to talk to women

I am scared as hell to even talk to a woman, let alone ask her for her number etc.. I am so afraid of coming off creepy or desperate. Or just plain weird. I picture myself asking a girl out, and then I imagine her telling everyone she knows how creepy and pathetic I am. If I’m at work, I imagine her calling me a pervert and then calling my boss to get me fired. If she’s really attractive, I’m worried I’m going to offend her by asking her out, because it’s like saying “you’re in my league”, which would be like calling her ugly. I have never had a girlfriend, and I never talk to women other than small talk. The problem is that I’m getting older now. I’m 35 and I still don’t know what it’s like to have someone special in my life. The pain of loneliness is so bad now that I think of committing suicide every day. Are ugly people supposed to live? Is there something wrong with me? Women never flirt with me. Ever. How do I ask her out? I just don’t know what to do.

stoneboy123
    stoneboy123
    Participant
    September 29, 2019 at 7:40 pm #207724

Asking out women directly is not the only way to start dating, actually, I don’t think it’s used that much now days.

You can start by online dating which is only texting and it will take the load off the physical confrontation.
    AND you will get girls that also approved you by looks so that’s another load off.

Also, even men and women who are good looking are always trying to improve themselves and you should too.
    Take up a hobby, work on your fitness, do a charity. All things that will up your value as a person.
    Improving yourself also builds up confidence that you have desirable traits, and the next time you want to talk to women you wouldn’t think “am I in her league?”, you will say “I’m such a great guy with all my hobbies, fitness and I’m helping my community. Is she good enough for me?”

Henious88
    Henious88
    Participant
    September 30, 2019 at 8:02 am #207735

I’m also afraid to talk with another female. I would like to recover myself from this bad situation and encourage myself so that I can talk to other women easily.

Starfish243
    Starfish243
    Participant
    October 1, 2019 at 8:25 pm #215575

What you need to do is realize that you are incredible. You are a handsome amazing man who does not need to ask questions like “how will she react?” or “is she out of my league”. See a good looking woman on the street and casually walk up to her and confidently say with a smile “sorry, I’m late. the name is Single1983. and you are?” shake hands and see if you can start a conversation. You are a 35 year old man who still is afraid to talk to women. be confident in yourself. no woman is going to want to date someone who is not confident in themself and wants to kill themself. you got this bro

Henious88
    Henious88
    Participant
    October 2, 2019 at 12:30 pm #221356

What you need to do is realize that you are incredible. You are a handsome amazing man who does not need to ask questions like “how will she react?” or “is she out of my league”. See a good looking woman on the street and casually walk up to her and confidently say with a smile “sorry, I’m late. the name is Single1983. and you are?” shake hands and see if you can start a conversation. You are a 35 year old man who still is afraid to talk to women. be confident in yourself. no woman is going to want to date someone who is not confident in themself and wants to kill themself. you got this bro

Thanks for your suggestion buddy. I will surely follow your guidelines.

FMBJM08
    FMBJM08
    Participant
    October 2, 2019 at 9:05 pm #222886

Do not be afraid to talk to other girls , honestly. I believe confident with your self needs to start first then you will be just fine talking to other people.. Honestly talking to a girl might be strange at first but to be honest , it isnt! lol , i was the same way and i can tell you , lose it up a little bit and sometimes they really afraid to talk to you too. They maybe waiting for you to talk first hehe! Sometimes its like that.

stivemorgan
    stivemorgan
    Participant
    October 3, 2019 at 7:34 am #222892

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. I had the same problem in the past and I regret that I hadn’t had this forum at that time.

Henious88
    Henious88
    Participant
    October 3, 2019 at 8:54 am #222890

It looks like good guidance. Got a little bit of console and courage to start talking with other girls. Thank you so much!

pedroxd360
    pedroxd360
    Participant
    October 6, 2019 at 5:29 am #222987

I feel the same! But the only way you can get better at it is by practicing over and over again on many different women.
    Good luck friend.

nick-98-c
    nick-98-c
    Participant
    October 9, 2019 at 8:37 pm #223171
    Reply To: Afraid to talk to women

Just gotta be confident, it will go far

LiefO
    LiefO
    Participant
    October 11, 2019 at 1:04 am #223259

Don’t talk to women. When they see – that you see them – just a quick smile and a nod to acknowledge them and go about your business.
    Women are much better at conversation than the majority of men, let her start.
    If you must, say ‘Hello’, or ‘Good Morning’. Greet them if you HAVE to say something. Let the lady in question start the conversation.

Mrgreenjeans
    Mrgreenjeans
    Participant
    October 11, 2019 at 2:34 am #223263

This is why you only approach/talk to woman who are giving you choosing signals. I.e keep looking at you, smile at you, put herself around you, etc. the obvious shit. Those are all signs she wants you to approach her. Having said that, that alone should give you some confidence — her wanting you to approach her.