Age Difference

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Age Difference

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2019 at 2:19 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Mtaew18
    Mtaew18
    Participant
    December 10, 2018 at 3:10 am #190764
    Age Difference

I recently started a new job and find out that one of my co-workers liked me. I am currently 19 and he is 16. He’s really cute and sweet. Today, He tried to kiss me. I know that there will be things that are not allowed in our relationship due to law, but should I continue to respond to him while obeying those laws?

• This topic was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by Mtaew18 Mtaew18.
    whoami
    whoami
    Participant
    December 12, 2018 at 1:29 pm #190928

I think that you should just stay friends with him for now till he’s older

bigheartcoldworld
    bigheartcoldworld
    Participant
    December 12, 2018 at 10:11 pm #190968

Not only could you be in a lot of trouble with the law for being with him but he is also not on your maturity level. You’re older and wiser… just because he’s cute doesn’t mean you should date. If you were to end up actually really liking him, he’s a 16 year old boy, he won’t know what to do or how to be in a relationship with you. Maybe find someone legal and mature haha

Mtaew18
    Mtaew18
    Participant
    December 12, 2018 at 10:16 pm #190970

The problem is that he really doesn’t act like a typical 16-year old boy and seems to be on a whole different level of maturity that I rarely see in 20 years old or 30 years old.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    December 20, 2018 at 12:04 am #191453

You should avoid doing anything which could be construed as sexual contact with a minor.
    “The problem is that he really doesn’t act like a typical 16-year old boy…”

No the “problem” is you’re looking to justify breaking the law.
    You’re attracted to an underage boy who you want to have sex with.
    Lets be honest this 16 year old is not your “soulmate” and this is not going to be a happily ever after ending.

Impulsive connections and {short-term thinking} have destroyed many people’s lives.
    Surly there must be some 18 year old boys and older guys you could be dating.
    If two years from now you feel the same attraction towards him then you can legally go for it.
    No 16 year old boy is worth risking going to jail over or losing a job.

Mtaew18
    Mtaew18
    Participant
    December 20, 2018 at 8:31 am #191457

True, I have forgotten though that in that state laws have consequences, but that depends on what the state is. In my state, legally 16 years old and up can date whoever they want due to the fact that we have no Romeo and Juliet laws. However, he will be leaving the job soon and I will most likely never see him again so I know that there probably will be no sexual lines crossed.

MiaPia123
    MiaPia123
    Participant
    December 20, 2018 at 12:38 pm #191484

You should wait until he’s not a minor anymore