Am I going to get a second date?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2019 at 1:38 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

aubsluv23
    aubsluv23
    Participant
    February 3, 2019 at 7:45 pm #194070

I just went on a date yesterday and it was pretty normal for a first date. Of course, there was a bit of awkwardness just for the fact that we barely know each other (we know each other from middle school). We had coffee then dinner. He was very polite and seemed nervous but I got him laughing quite a lot and he was just sweet. I didn’t get the sense that he’s just trying to hook up but he is also leaving in a month for the military. I know this won’t go very far but we still have time to have some fun and go on a few more dates! Afterwards, I text him thanking him and that it was nice. He said that it was fun and and to let him know when I’m free. We talked a little more but it wasn’t an actual conversation. I sent him my number (we were messaging on something else ) just if he wants to hang out again and he left me on read. Do I wait, or ask him out? I don’t wanna be pushy! But I also don’t want to waste my time depending on a text back

DC
    DC
    Participant
    February 3, 2019 at 8:56 pm #194071

As they say…. let the man hunt. don’t pursue him. it’s super hard to fall back when you have interest in someone but your actions will set the stage for the future. If he is interested his actions will match his words. Good Luck but don’t be afraid to “keep it moving” until he steps up.

carajane
    carajane
    Participant
    February 4, 2019 at 7:24 am #194081

Usually i would say that if he likes you he will text back. But as time is a sensitive matter. I say you do you. If you feel like texting him, go for it. What if he thinks the same thing and you lose precious time waiting. If he is interested you will go on another date, if not you know how you stay and don’t wait for a text that won’t come. Either way it’s a win from my point of view. You know how you would be more comfortable. Good luck!!!