Am I making another mistake reconciling with ex and end up hurt again?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2018 at 9:11 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

radburn12345
    radburn12345
    Participant
    June 20, 2018 at 10:36 am #177550

Broke up with my ex-boyfriend about 10 weeks ago; managed to block his number and email. Truth is that I really missed his touch his love and our fabulous sex life. I signed up for some online dating and out of the blue I got a response from him on the site. I tried to ignore it but one thing led to another and after several days I agreed to meet him to bring some closure to our relationship I broke up with him after I learned he was lying about his finances again.He told me in that he has changed fully because of me (he pays all of his bills on time and does not overspend) so I met him to bring closure finally since we have broke up and reconciled a few times over the same issue. He wants to reconcile again (this is the 3rd time) b/c he says he is all “fixed” financially thanks to me (pays his bills on time, etc.). Can I trust he has really changed and what about he has no savings at 66 and I have worked and saved all my life. Can I trust he won’t lie again? He wants us together now.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    July 6, 2018 at 9:17 am #178696

“Broke up with my ex-boyfriend about 10 weeks ago; managed to block his number and email.
    {Truth is that I really missed his touch his love and our fabulous sex life.}”

“I broke up with him after I learned he was lying about his finances again.”
    “He wants to reconcile again (this is the 3rd time)”

“he has no savings at 66 and I have worked and saved all my life. Can I trust he won’t lie again?”

This guy is just your “boyfriend” he’s not your husband and you don’t live together.”
    His financial problems and having no savings has nothing to do with “his touch, his love, and your “fabulous sex life.”
    As long as he’s (not asking you for financial help) simply enjoy dating him and don’t comingle funds!

On the other hand if you’re looking for a (husband) he doesn’t sound like the guy for (you).
    You have to decide if marriage/cohabitation is your goal or if you can be happy with dating and having FUN.
    There’s nothing wrong with dating and living apart. The sex is better!

EbenezerAdom
    EbenezerAdom
    Participant
    July 7, 2018 at 4:21 pm #178703

it depends

MrBlazePT
    MrBlazePT
    Participant
    July 7, 2018 at 9:28 pm #178704

thats a hard one to read….

doninvaughan
    doninvaughan
    Participant
    August 17, 2018 at 3:54 pm #181867

I really don’t see what his finances has to do with your relationship, what am I missing?

monty
    monty
    Participant
    October 11, 2018 at 2:11 am #186734

I doubt that he will ever be fixed at his age when it comes to his finances so if your not looking for a husband then I would enjoy the date sex.

gamakichi
    gamakichi
    Participant
    October 13, 2018 at 12:43 pm #186985

You said that this is the 3rd time he’s wanted to get back together and he’s lied many times before so if he hasn’t changed the last 2 times, do you really think he’s changed this time? I was in the same situation as you. I was with my ex for 3 years and he lied to me about talking to other women all the time. Each time I caught him, he would apologize profusely, I would forgive him, and then he would cheat on me again. I understand that you want to get back together with him because you miss him and you want to get back into the routine of dating him because that’s what you’re used to, but once that trust has been broken, you can never fully trust him again no matter how hard you try. Breaking up with my ex was the best thing I ever did for myself.