Am I misreading the signs?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 2:14 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

drakeyup
    drakeyup
    Participant
    March 19, 2018 at 1:20 am #167672

(1/2I’m in high school and there is this girl I really like. At the beginning of the year we hung out in a group and I felt something click right away. She invited me to share a blanket with her and I just overall felt like there was something there. Pretty soon after that I started snapping her and asked if she wanted to get something to eat. She pulled the oh I wish I could but I’m busy card and never initiated anything else.
    After that things between us kind of died off until recently. We hung out in a group setting a couple more times and now we are going to prom together. Since I asked her to prom, we have been snapping and hanging out in a group settin pretty frequently. Yesterday, we were at a party together and we both kind of hit it off again after a couple drinks. We talked for a while sand she sat super close to me. We also shared a blanket later and yea. It was great.
    Today is asked her again if she wants to hang out alone and she curved it into making it a group even.

drakeyup
    drakeyup
    Participant
    March 19, 2018 at 1:24 am #167673

(2/2) I have talked to her friends and they say that she is really shy and so a one on one thing could be intimidating to her. But even then, all the group hang out are never really initiated by her and she still won’t hang out alone even though we have talked a lot recently.

Am I wasting my time here or is it possible she is really just intimidated by hanging out alone. At this point I feel like we would have the trust to do that. Maybe she was only so close with me yesterday cause of the drinks… I just don’t know.

What do you guys think? Should I keep trying to go for her or is she trying to hint that she doesn’t want a relationship with me.

Doomsy
    Doomsy
    Participant
    March 19, 2018 at 8:55 am #167675

Sounds positive so far. I’m also in high school so I know how it feels. I think she has some feelings for you, she just might be a bit shy.

SarahB
    SarahB
    Participant
    March 20, 2018 at 4:04 pm #167937

I agree…sounds positive so far. Don’t give up.

Ajohn123
    Ajohn123
    Participant
    March 23, 2018 at 6:54 am #168234

Give her sometime. Continue to hang out with her. She may just not entirely trust you yet. Good things take time