Am I over thinking this?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Am I over thinking this?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2019 at 7:04 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

melika
    melika
    Participant
    March 1, 2019 at 7:06 pm #195935
    Am I over thinking this?

So I was asked my someone yesterday where they’ve seen me before because I seem familiar. Had never met this person before end of last year and we’ve only started talking to each other in the last week. Turns out we worked across from each other over 9 years ago in a different city. He had seen me but I had never seen him. I’ve always thought of myself as forgettable and that I blended into the background and the more I think about what he said, the more I wonder if it is more than just casual conversation.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    March 4, 2019 at 5:32 pm #195975

Unfortunately we live in such cold cruel times that when someone smiles or is nice to us we think it’s a potential “love connection”. Assume it’s just a casual conversation for now. If he’s romantically interested you (won’t) have to “figure him out”.
    He will make his interest known by asking you for your contact information and asking you out.

alx18295
    alx18295
    Participant
    March 6, 2019 at 12:16 pm #196078

Agreed. However, I think the scenario is different when a girl says the same. In that case I think it would be worth trying to strike up a friendship/dating. People not interested would not bother talking to you in the first place even if they did recognize you.

melika
    melika
    Participant
    March 9, 2019 at 2:13 am #196284

Thanks for the insight. I’m always going to have to figure people out as due to treatment in the small town I grew up in I always questions peoples motives. I had had a business meeting with him and one of his co-workers yesterday and one of my co-workers saw us and gave me grief about it, asking who my boyfriends were. Told him this when he spoke to me later that afternoon and he didn’t run away or stop talking to me (he spoke to me this morning when I saw him). Do I take that as a good thing?

melika
    melika
    Participant
    March 23, 2019 at 1:55 am #197479

So update – every time he sees me at the gym he comes over and talks to me and has been doing so for the past three weeks (has it really been that long?). On Thursday he asked when he would see me again. I may have missed the perfect opportunity to arrange a date.