AM I spinning my wheels in mud? Pr do I see the long picture and be persistent?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2019 at 7:14 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Hungry4Love
    Hungry4Love
    Participant
    April 2, 2019 at 10:23 pm #198066

Sorry I this may be long, but I feel its warranted. I’ll try to
    give the best cliff notes version I can…

While a senior in Undergrad, I was visiting a cousin out of the state for a wedding. The night before the wedding we went out & he introduced me to a beautiful HS friend of his at the bar. And we HIT IT OFF immediately. She was fun, attractive, smart, well spoken, witty, funny and a great sense of humor. We exchanged numbers and she had told me she’d been to South Florida a few times with her family to visit. We exchanged numbers and I left texting her how much fun I had and hoped our paths would cross again. FAST FORWARD 1 YEAR, I had just finished school moved back to my home in Florida and gotten a text from her saying, “Hey I’m moving with my family to ____ (my city) this summer. I was interested if you had any places I should check out or Eat at while I’m there.”

At the time I read it I got excited, but shortly after reminded myself I was new out of college and hadn’t plan

Hungry4Love
    Hungry4Love
    Participant
    April 2, 2019 at 10:24 pm #198067

planned to stay in Florida for much longer. So when I responded to her multiple texts (in the months before she was officially moved in)I’d always be friendly but vague in saying something like “Hey, that’s awesome when are you coming? I’m still working on a list of fun things you should check out once you’re here? ME-having no intention to tell her the local spots until I knew I’d accompanying her on these 😉 FF a couple months and she reaches out to me about officially being moving in and her house was 15 minutes from mine.

Well, its started slowly but impactful it was very apparent early on we both liked each other. Before any “love” was found we were best friends and happy to be in one another’s presence. We met briefly at a friend’s house and the next day we were on the beach telling each other about our selves, what we were looking for moving forward in life. It even went well enough that we may or may not have partaken in some PDA on the beach. She was gong to Med School but

Hungry4Love
    Hungry4Love
    Participant
    April 3, 2019 at 8:45 am #198068

was still a +1.5 years away from that. I was moving West to start my career but had no time line on when that had to be. The next 18 months together we became best friends very quickly. It all felt too good to be true. She modeled yet had Much bigger goals than that. I was sharp, active, fun, empathetic, smart, connected, and really good family man is what attracted her to me the most she said. I never understood what innocent love and truly wanting the best for someone else in every facet of life (even if it meant not having me) until I met her.

Well the year and a half went and it’s hands down the happiest I’d ever been. She made me want to work harder, achieve more, be a better person. Anyone that saw us would always comment on how happy we both looked together. Her parents ae his closest friends and they ADORE me and soon took me under as another son of theirs. Then the good byes came: she was as devastated as anyone I’d ever seen. We went to a beach and she sobbed on me for HRs.

Hungry4Love
    Hungry4Love
    Participant
    April 3, 2019 at 8:45 am #198069

he night before my flight. That was in September of 2017. We’d keep up every few weeks, just to say hi & briefly catch up. I only came back home (where she lived with her parents now too) for Christmas and was invited over to her house to see her brother, parents and pups, just like always. On NYE she was difficult about meeting me but last second decided she’d come visit me “for a bit” at this roof top bar room my buddies and I rented for New Years. We slept together, her in my arms, but didn’t fornicate (which she demanded would NOT happen before getting in our Uber together) Well my flight being the next day when the morning rose she wanted to have me in her presence as long as possible. Going to breakfast, talk in her car, anything delay the inevitable. Well I left for California and she left for Med school out of the country. The first month we communicated on a bi-weekly basis and exactly what I was looking for. She has asked if I’d be home for Easter (April) but told her no..