Am I wrong for doing this?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 11:15 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jenygump11
    jenygump11
    Participant
    September 21, 2018 at 7:25 pm #185045

My bf of 2 months was in a motorcycle accident 3 days ago and was discovered unconscious. He was rushed to the hospital and as of yesterday he regained consciousness and is only slightly alert due to medication. I discovered this news by trying to add him on FB and discovering his mom’s post. I grew desperate and searched for updates from his roommates on the first day, and posting a reply to this mother’s FB post on the second day. His mom did not respond to my condolences to him. After calling the hospital where he’s currently hospitalized 3-4 times over the course of 3 days, I finally retrieve his hospital room number. Overwhelmed by not receiving a response from his mom (whom I never met), I head to the hospital, asking nearly every nurse if it is okay for me to go into this room, and being graciously accepted in. His Staff Sergeant and mother seemed annoyed and hesitant about me visiting. I spent 10 mins with him and I left. Both his arms are broken. Should I have waited?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    September 21, 2018 at 8:21 pm #185046

The odd thing is for you to be his “girlfriend” it sounds like he hadn’t taken the time to introduce you to any of his “inner circle”.
    You shouldn’t had to find out about the accident via FB. His roommates should have gotten in touch with you at the very least.
    You are essentially being treated like a “stranger” and not someone who is (close) to him.

There was nothing wrong with you visiting him.
    Your boyfriend put you in a bad position by not making your importance to him known to his inner circle.
    Hopefully it was just bad judgement on his part and not because he’s not as serious about the relationship as you believe he is.

Best wishes!