Another "what should I do" thread

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 9:13 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

purrfectionist
    purrfectionist
    Participant
    March 21, 2018 at 10:36 am #168018

I started talking to this guy through a dating app since 2 months ago and we finally met for the first time last Sunday. During the course of our texting exchanges, he seemed to be a little interested in me (at least). He mentioned wanting to meet up 2 or 3 times, saying that he wanted to see me when he’s back in the city. So we decided to go get some drinks together.
    When we met, he was pretty kind to me, saying next time we’d go out for dinner not just drinks, and asked me what kinds of food I like. He even said he’d buy me a phone accessory like his (about $10 worth) if I liked it. When we were about to part ways he stopped by his room to get me a souvenir (chocolate), and ordered Uber for me (he paid for the trip)
    But I remember hazily he kinda mentioned he was going to be busy this week though, so after the meet-up (can I call it a date btw?) I texted thanking him after I got home, then we exchanged a few words and said goodnight.

purrfectionist
    purrfectionist
    Participant
    March 21, 2018 at 10:36 am #168019

Monday I said good morning to him and wished him a great week, he replied in the early afternoon, then I replied to him once in the early evening. All those pleasantries, nothing deep.
    Tuesday morning he said good morning to me first and I replied in the evening (for all he knows I might have been busy too). In fact I’m just trying to play it cool so he wouldn’t think I’m trying too hard, but was that the right thing to do? Waiting 12 hours before replying to him?
    Today is Wednesday, we didn’t text at all. Should I text him to say good night at the very least? Would there be a chance he’s not interested in me anymore despite all those kindness and (sorta) promises he made?

henna83
    henna83
    Participant
    March 24, 2018 at 12:16 pm #168320

seriously, too early to start freaking out. I know its hard when a guy at first through text really pursues you. Just relax and don’t text him. Guys love a challenge and things that are not easy for him. Make him work for you and see that you are worth it. Let him ask you out again. If you don’t hear from him in a day or two just send him a funny meme or something to remind him how great you are. He will come after you if he really wants you. Just relax! Don’t settle for him yet. Date other guys, keep your options open.