Are women in Bangkok used to bring friend on date?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2018 at 3:06 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

MasonDavis1979
    MasonDavis1979
    Participant
    June 25, 2018 at 3:41 am #177837

When I went to Thailand last month, I met a girl in a club who swept me off her feet. She is sweet and caring. I asked her out one time but I was shocked when I saw her walking closer toward me with a friend at her back. I used to date women from USA before and they came to dates alone. However, single women in Thailand are very vigilant. I wonder if they are really like that or she just thought I’m some kind of a murderer that’s why she brought a friend along. I want to ask her out on a date again but I want us to be alone this time. Is that possible? If I tell her that, will she agree? Doesn’t it sound insulting for them?

pisceslady89_
    pisceslady89_
    Participant
    June 26, 2018 at 9:28 am #177943

You can ask her if its okay if its just the two of you. And ask her during day time. Maybe she just wanted to make sure that you wont donanythig to her. Some asians are like this. They are very shy and very careful especially with foreigner men.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    June 28, 2018 at 10:07 am #178216

It could be a cultural thing whereby women who go out alone with a man are viewed as being a “couple”.
    She also might not trust you at this stage. The best way to getting close with any woman is to make her feel safe.
    Another possibility is {she wants a husband} and doesn’t want you think she’s the type of girl who goes out alone with men all the time.
    If you’re really “into her” you won’t try to force her to change her “mate selection/screening process.”

You said: “I met a girl in a club who swept me off my feet.” (Did you feel as if there was a {mutual attraction}
    You don’t want to be a sap getting used to buy meals/drinks/entertainment for her and all of her friends.

Men generally ask women out who (they find attractive)!
    A woman on the other hand may say yes to a {date or activity} but not necessarily mean she’s saying yes to “the man”.
    She may not have had any plans, thought you seemed “nice”, or thought; why not? It’s a (free) night out!