Articles about short men & dating: why most based on dating taller women?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2018 at 11:34 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

greenbook
    greenbook
    Participant
    June 17, 2018 at 9:59 am #177233

I am a 5-6 male in his mid-40’s. Whenever I search the net for dating issues that short men have (meaning, 5-8 or shorter), it seems as if 90% of the articles deal w/ men who are trying to or who want to do date women who are way taller than them.

For me, although I’m certainly attracted to some women who are taller than me, I’m just not offended if a 5-10 woman doesn’t want to date me, and most short guys I know feel the same way. It’s not insulting.

The thing that’s difficult to deal with is, for instance, an online dating profile I saw 10 years ago from a 4-10, average looking woman who only wanted to date men who were 5-11 or taller. Why? That’s the issue.

Why do dating articles about short men address only guys who are hell bent on dating gals who are way taller than them? This isn’t an issue for most guys I know who are short. The issue that needs to be investigated is why a gal who is 3 inches shorter than you in heels still won’t date you due to height. That’s the problem.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    June 28, 2018 at 11:41 am #178231

“I saw 10 years ago from a 4-10, average looking woman who only wanted to date men who were 5-11 or taller. Why? {That’s the issue}”
    It’s not an issue. It just means (you) are not (her) type. Everyone is entitled to have their own preferences.

Some women simply don’t want to date guys who are short just as some men don’t want to date women who are overweight.
    Each of us has our own mate screening process and “must haves lists”.
    They like what they like. No one can tell you what your favorite food or color {should be}.

My guess is this 4′ 10″ woman wants to be with a guy who will not only tower over her but (make her feel safe) when out and about. She might believe taller men are more respected by (other men). Maybe her best relationship was with a guy who was tall.
    Whatever it is, it’s what she wants “ideally”. Truth is most people never get what they really want.
    Life is filled with compromises.
    However no one wants to be beat down, forced, or persuaded to do so.