Asking a girl out after being rejected for second date

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2018 at 1:29 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

themancamino
    themancamino
    Participant
    March 25, 2018 at 8:12 pm #168353

I recently asked out a girl from my university. The date went well for the most part. We had good chemistry, with teasing and a bit of physical contact. I messed up though, when I started drinking, and I acted sillier than a man trying to attract a woman should (even though she got a good laugh out of it, I don’t think my actions were doing much to raise her attraction level). A couple days after the date, I’m sure I came off as needy when I told her that I really liked her and would like to see her again. That’s when she told me she just wanted to be friends.

I’ve learned a lot from this experience and I am currently dating other women. I do still have feelings for this girl though, which leads me to my question: when is the appropriate time frame to ask this girl out again? And what would be the best way about it? I won’t do it anytime soon because if she does have a change of heart, it will take time and it won’t happen unless there is something different about me the second time

Ghyph
    Ghyph
    Participant
    March 26, 2018 at 8:57 pm #168556

When she says that she just wants to be friends then that’s what she wants. If she changes her opinion, she’ll prosbbly approach you first.

jinx
    jinx
    Participant
    March 27, 2018 at 1:30 pm #168650

No is a no, I’ve tried this before and never succeeded in it. If you keep on pushing, you will end up in a being creep and I guess you don’t want it.

Gah117
    Gah117
    Participant
    March 28, 2018 at 4:28 pm #168839

Yea man I mean you can ask her out again but I don’t see it going well as you would expect it. Trying starting from scratch with her but it’s when a lot of time has passed by. What I mean by scratch is to get to know her again, see if she has changed, then maybe build a strong enough relation with to ask her out again. If she says no then just end it there, if yes then do what you were supposed to do on that first date with her. I would just move on from now but see if SHE makes contact with you at anytime.

Bjoern1605
    Bjoern1605
    Participant
    March 28, 2018 at 10:34 pm #168869

Try and be authentic, if she rejects you again, do your own thing and let her come to you

jerrygordon3
    jerrygordon3
    Participant
    March 29, 2018 at 1:56 pm #169018

Focus on you, go be a manly man, do you, better yourself, and realize that when a girl tells you, that she wants to be friends, or that she isn’t interested its okay. Sometimes the stars dont align and theres not a damn thing to do about it. But, just remember when you get a girl on a date you’ve got one shot. And its a game of chess. life and death. its her versus you. do you want to let a girl win, to beat you. Use what you know about male and women roles- they want strong, confident, secure.. not goofy, soft, unorganized. play the game to win, make her want you more than she wanted to. hold a conversation but don’t flatter, don’t throw yourself at her. every single time you do it, no matter how good it feels to say, ” i like you sooooo much”, don’t because its just giving her an offset value of self worth to your worth. Its the first date. take it slow. go easy. play it cool. if she doesn’t feel like you’re up her ass all day, shell be more inclined to seek out that dopamine respons