asking for advice(new to dating)

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2018 at 5:05 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

anemone11
    anemone11
    Participant
    November 9, 2018 at 8:03 pm #189155

i’m a 27 years old guy who has only dated once in my entire life. i had been dealing with depression for almost my entire life until 25, and that was when i began the journey to heal. i have recently began to have interest in dating and realized i’m too late to this dating game… i’m hoping to get some advice in choosing the right woman.

i experience a lot of issues talking to women. i’ve been told a lot of times that i look like a celebrity and when i have a good day(happy face), i’m the kind of guy who would get free stuff in a bakery or supermarkets. it’s probably because of my depression, i dedicate a lot of time to working out as a way to distract myself. I remember when i began to have the lean and athletic body, women completely stopped approaching me. i asked a few friends why and they said i’ve become too intimidating. i want to be humble but i sincerely want some good advice… my depression has slowed me down on a lot of things in the past and i need to work hard fast.

anemone11
    anemone11
    Participant
    November 9, 2018 at 8:07 pm #189156

i’ve been attentive to my surroundings and only physically attractive women would give me the green light. i want to appeal to good women but i have no idea how to ease their insecurity and show them that i’m a genuine person…

ploppySonOfPloppy
    ploppySonOfPloppy
    Participant
    November 11, 2018 at 12:11 pm #189177

You don’t show that you’re a genuine person. You just are or not. Needing to show it doesn’t sound genuine in itself.