Asking Girl Out Over Text

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 7:25 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

weldon25
    weldon25
    Participant
    November 28, 2018 at 5:33 am #190026

This girl that dated one of my best friends for a couple years has signalled that she is interested in me many times and has not been in a relationship for months. I briefly texted her and she was responding positively to my texts.

Should I ask her out over text even though I only texted her on one day for the last 6 months or should I build more sexual tension and ask her out in a week or so?

I am sure she is interested in me and I am willing to ask her out over text.

I do not care what my friends think.

Thanks

coolaij
    coolaij
    Participant
    November 29, 2018 at 11:07 pm #190288

asking out over text is good if u shy.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    December 2, 2018 at 3:00 pm #190401

“I am sure she is interested in me and I am willing to ask her out over text.”

If the above statement is true CALL her and ask her out.
    Texting seems cowardly especially if you have not already had any vocal conversations or gone out.

In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: Next!

As a side note you also might want to run it past your “best friend” before asking her out.
    This assumes you’re still best friends.
    One normally would want to give their friend the courtesy of knowing ahead of time instead of shocking them.

ElisabethTheGreat
    ElisabethTheGreat
    Participant
    December 4, 2018 at 1:26 pm #190485

Sometimes it’s easier over text.yiu can rethink what you wanna say, and just press send 😊

Savvy
    Savvy
    Participant
    December 6, 2018 at 3:06 pm #190633

Sometimes it’s easier over text if your shy, I say go for it.

kayak2133
    kayak2133
    Participant
    December 6, 2018 at 5:19 pm #190647

Ask her out over text.

dl627
    dl627
    Participant
    December 9, 2018 at 11:23 pm #190758

Sure, I asked my girlfriend out over text too bc I’m shy 🙂

daniellesarah16
    daniellesarah16
    Participant
    December 10, 2018 at 12:12 am #190761

No shame in it. Talk to her over the phone or something if you’re afraid it doesn’t go well and she can use that text against you.

Mtaew18
    Mtaew18
    Participant
    December 10, 2018 at 3:01 am #190762

Talk to her in person even though it makes you nervous. It is better to have a physical face to face conversation rather than a text that makes you seem like the adorable friend.

caroline3000
    caroline3000
    Participant
    December 10, 2018 at 8:04 am #190746

If you two have already had conversations and know each other then asking her out over text is fine. Most people communicate via text and asking in person is not always the best timing.