Asking my French teacher out

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 12:49 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

clwc
    clwc
    Participant
    August 6, 2018 at 11:35 am #180900

I am currently taking up French at this place (more casual rather than professional business setting) and am kinda smitten with my French teacher. She’s the same age as me (so no, this is not weird like in high school!). I don’t like reading into signs but I must admit, it seems like we have good vibes with each other i.e. good chat, plenty of smiles (i noticed that she only ever really smiles to me and not other students, even at times seemingly shy where she would look down whenever I establish deep eye contact). I am not saying that she finds me attractive or whatever (probably not at this point) but I think we could click! I would love to ask her out for coffee but I am worried that this would affect the class dynamics etc if she rejects me. Knowing myself, I would definitely ask her out anyway but I am wondering if anyone has any ideas as to how to go about it! I was thinking of offering her a lift home after class (last class of the day for her too) and then just asking. Thanks!

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    August 7, 2018 at 10:07 pm #181050

Personally I would not make a move until the last day of the class especially if there is a letter grade for it.
    She may be thinking you’re trying sway her into giving a better grade than you deserve.

If this class is not formal and doesn’t have a grading system you still might want to find out if she’s “single”.
    The world can be so cold and bitter that a lot of guys mistake a women’s smiles and warm greetings for romantic interest.

I knew a guy who thought a woman working at Best Buy was into him because she smiles and laughs at his jokes.
    I had to remind him she works in {Customer Service!}
    A large part of her job is to be {nice to all the customers} in the store!

RayMark31
    RayMark31
    Participant
    August 8, 2018 at 7:34 pm #181142

I agree with you bro.

rtaylor28
    rtaylor28
    Participant
    August 12, 2018 at 9:28 pm #181416

good

jdelossantos
    jdelossantos