Asking Out a Co-Worker

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Asking Out a Co-Worker

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2018 at 10:39 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

takeoffyourheels
    takeoffyourheels
    Participant
    June 22, 2017 at 5:40 pm #140407
    Reply To: Asking Out a Co-Worker

I think if your conversation has only so far been work related, you should try to make jokes here and there that will let her know you think of her as someone more than just a coworker. It is also very important to smile throughout conversation so she gets the right message from you. Do not go in for it because it might take her by surprise and you might look desperate and she’ll get caught off guard and maybe turned off. do NOT just let things happen though as well because girls never make the first move. If you believe in your gut that she is also very interested then that means she probably is.

achala92
    achala92
    Participant
    June 27, 2017 at 3:55 am #140670

Just go for it! You never know what destiny has in store 😉

ladgr14
    ladgr14
    Participant
    July 1, 2017 at 1:16 am #141213

If you really like your job, don’t date a co-worker. Things can turn ugly if things don’t work out

lmw123
    lmw123
    Participant
    July 3, 2017 at 11:47 am #141265

The other person may feel awkward since you are just co-workers and may not want to put the professional relationship in jeopardy.

dgriff5153
    dgriff5153
    Participant
    July 7, 2017 at 9:38 pm #141399

Never really a good policy to mix work with romance

Dk363
    Dk363
    Participant
    July 8, 2017 at 11:34 am #141407

If you never try, you’ll never know. Not knowing will probably drive you crazier than trying and it not working out. At least if that happens, you’ll be reassured that you gave it a shot.

Heather22
    Heather22
    Participant
    July 11, 2017 at 8:09 pm #141828

Ask or you’ll always wonder 🙂

sarak123
    sarak123
    Participant
    July 12, 2017 at 4:53 am #141833

nothing to loose

bravestone
    bravestone
    Participant
    July 14, 2017 at 5:05 pm #142233

The most “alpha” methods of showing interest to a girl are to not actually appear all that desperate. Showing too much desperation and interest just shows you are weak and succumb to things easily. A guy is naturally perceived as more “alpha” when he exudes confidence and does not show excessive signs of interest. Why? If the girl is interested in you she will show it somehow. This doesn’t mean you can’t pursue women/girls — it just means you have to do so in a very particular way that doesn’t show any desperation — i.e., “Say no — I don’t care.” If you act like you’ll be devastated after hearing a “no,” there’s a much smaller chance you’d have heard a “yes” anyways.

The challenge is that, if you act like you wouldn’t care much if she said “no,” the spin is that, if she really likes you, she’ll see you as a target worth approaching and not a weaker person who is so dependent on another’s approval. How this plays into a long-term relationship? I cannot say — but I can say that being too desperate typically turns off both males and females.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by bravestone bravestone.
    richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    July 14, 2017 at 5:21 pm #142241

ixnay on the company pool-ay.

ULtimately.. all realtionships go thru some fights, bad periods, and 99% of the time a break-up. Do you REALLY want to deal with that at your job? Where jobs and careers could be at stake?

It’s not worth it when 99.99999999% of the population DOES NOT work at your company.. dig?

The only exception is when it is an UNBELIEVABLY and OBVIOUS insane amount of chemistry and compatibility that its obvious to everybody in the company, to yourselves, and anybody that sees you on the street – that you were meant for each other.

That you had to ask in an anonymous dating forum – is pretty much 100% guaranteed this is NOT that situaiton. (Doesn’t mean it won’t be down the road or someday).. but… if you hav to push and force it and plan and strategize over it…

i would let it go and stop thinking about it unless someday down the road it MAKES ITSELF uber obvious like i described above.

sorry. your livelihood and career are far more important.

SweetandSassy
    SweetandSassy
    Participant
    July 30, 2017 at 3:33 pm #143607

I am in the same situation at work. I am really digging a shy guy at work although we work in separate departments. I am the one who initiates a greeting and a smile most times when we see each other. I really want to get to know him as I have been attracted to him from day one. I am also craving to kiss him very badly but I don’t want to scare him as he is very shy and inexperienced. I believe a man should pursue a woman when interested. I also get hit on quite often but I am hoping shy man has not seen it. I am staying single in the hopes my shy man decides to finally talk to me. His body language tells me he is interested in me but he won’t take the plunge :/ He looks at me quite a bit (as I do the same). I want to kiss him already…

1 2