Asking out a Co Worker when I have social anxiety

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    April 4, 2020 at 11:52 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

xink
    xink
    Participant
    March 6, 2020 at 2:54 pm #231023

Hi guys
    I’m in my mid 30s and suffered with social anxiety most my life, barely dated in my 20s and over the last few years I have got better, Online dating and Speed Dating and ive has a few relationships.

But I need some advice on asking a co worker out . I’m in my mid 30s and she’s mid 20s we work in the same office 1 day a week and she might be interested in that i think she’s flirted with me a few times in meetings but here’s the problem
    We haven’t actually spoken much other that saying hi in the corridor as we pass . I’m not scared of rejection – I’m scared of her thinking I’m a creep as I’m over 10 years older than her and the general awkwardness it could cause if she’s say no and I have to then face her at work albeit we don’t work directly together .
    The easy way of course is to send her an email telling her I think she has a really nice personality and ask if she would like to meet for a drink . Not sure how that would come across or if I need to do Small talk 1st

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    March 8, 2020 at 3:06 am #231093

One reason why most people don’t date co-workers is because most relationships don’t end in marriage.
    Therefore even if you did date your co-worker you may have to deal with working with an ex.

“we work in the same office…”
    “We haven’t actually spoken much other than saying hi…”

A 10 year age difference isn’t a big deal if someone is attracted to (you).
    To go from {not speaking} to asking someone out on a date is huge leap!

By the way an email would be cowardly and more creepy under these circumstances.
    Also you’d be creating a “paper trail” for your HR department in the event she’s offended by being hit on.

Establishing a basic rapport is the first step in finding out more information about her and if you have chemistry.
    If you’ve never talked, engaged in flirtatious banter, or shared laughs it’s way too soon to be asking her out.

T4816
    T4816
    Participant
    March 31, 2020 at 9:35 pm #232414

I don’t know if it’s the best idea to ask out a coworker.

Have you tried just approaching women you find attractive in person?