Asking out a girl I met 6 months ago

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 4:16 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

stoneboy123
    stoneboy123
    Participant
    September 29, 2019 at 7:57 pm #207726

I met this nice girl during a surfing vacation about 7 months ago, we talked and she said it was hard for her to find a partner to go to a surf vacation with so I suggested we might go together next year and she gave me her number.
    Problem is that she went on a 5 month vacation after we met and my intentions were to date her so I didn’t want to just text for 5 months, especially when her mind is on vacation and we barely know each other. I texted her about 4 months ago, we had a little chat and eventually she stopped responding so I said to myself that I’ll just wait for her to come back and we’ll see.
    Now she’s back home and I’m not sure how to approach this.
    Do I just say out of the blue “Hi, didn’t want to text you while your mind was elsewhere for 5 months, let’s meet up”?
    Or do I send her a picture that I surf (from today) as a conversation starter and eventually get to ask her out?

HeatherT
    HeatherT
    Participant
    September 30, 2019 at 3:57 pm #213237

Never hurts to send a text, see what she has to say? Now that she is back it sounds like you have a lot in common and could potentially be a match?

IloveCats
    IloveCats
    Participant
    October 1, 2019 at 7:24 am #215542

It’s probably because of her looks because you’re asking her out.

FMBJM08
    FMBJM08
    Participant
    October 2, 2019 at 9:08 pm #222887

I wouldnt send her a picture right away , i will actually text her and just be like “Long time no see , how is it going? ” just like that.. Im sure you like her but sometimes showing that to much can really scare a person. So just be normal to her and be like hey long time no see how is it going , hows life ? and little by little talk to her , see if she even dating but not the first day of talking to her just talk to her normal.. Dont be to odd , either be to pushy.. Thats just my advice.

Henious88
    Henious88
    Participant
    October 3, 2019 at 8:54 am #222891

The girl was so cute and you can’t forget her. I have had the same experience. I met a stranger suddenly. At the age of 29, I still can’t forget her. 🙂

itsdrey
    itsdrey
    Participant
    October 3, 2019 at 11:03 am #222916

I think you can just ask her out of the blue. Doesnt matter.