Asking out this Girl

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Asking out this Girl

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 11:16 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Timtheb
    Timtheb
    Participant
    September 17, 2018 at 5:22 pm #184485
    Asking out this Girl

So i would like to know if I should ask out this girl? Id like to thank you guy for reading
    I have been in the same society with a girl for almost a year. Over the summer i messaged her on LinkedIn, as that was my only point of contact with her, and admitted to having a crush on her. She replied with a bunch of links that talked about not hitting on women on LinkedIn . Anyway, I wanted to apologize for that since i assumed she was offended and did just thay by emailing her once the society started meeting again this past August. She accepted it and said it was fine. I could not do this in person as there are a lot of people at our meetings and i couldn’t find the time to speak with her 1:1. Anyways, everytime i arrive to our meetings she always waves and smiles at me and says hello. She also starts small talk with me about society related news, and sometimes even complements my shirt.

I wanted to ask her to get food or something once i see her walking inbetween classes. Any thoughts?

tyler
    tyler
    Participant
    September 18, 2018 at 11:34 pm #184641

You should invite her for lunch or coffee one day! Don’t over think it just ask. If your too nervous to ask in the hallways you could email or text her instead. But yeah don’t use LinkedIn for that LOL!

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    September 19, 2018 at 4:27 pm #184770

“She replied with a bunch of links that talked about not hitting on women on LinkedIn .”
    If she were “into you” she would not have responded like that.
    (Taking the time to find some links to send you on the issue is a sure sign your crush isn’t a mutual one.)

You can invite her out to lunch but my guess is she sees (you) as a “friend”
    It does not sound like she has any (romantic interest) in you.

I know it’s a cold world out there but just because a girl is nice to a guy doesn’t mean she wants him for her lover.
    One of the reasons why so many women come off as rude or standoffish is because when they smile guys hit on them.

irisheyes
    irisheyes
    Participant
    September 20, 2018 at 12:05 pm #184859

I think you should just be good friends and since she already knows to your previous message, just wait things out. Get coffee with no expectations that it is a date and let things naturally progress. Good luck. Friendship is the basis for all relationships.