Awkward and Quiet

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Awkward and Quiet

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 12:16 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

pakster123
    pakster123
    Participant
    November 19, 2018 at 10:28 am #189658
    Awkward and Quiet

Ok this has been a problem with my ex and my current bf but there are times where I just don’t know what to talk about or what to do in person.
    I’m naturally shy and awkward and I usually end up with more outgoing guys but I feel bad because I feel like I don’t really help contribute to make conversations and I feel like they’re trying to do what they can to make conversation but I just can’t. Therefore, I feel like I depend on the physical much more. Every time we’ve met there has been some sort of physical interaction. Maybe that’s normal but idk I want to be able to enjoy dates without anything physical too. I feel like rather the guy is helping me talk (which shouldn’t be his responsibility), I make the guy more quiet. Like with others, my bf is louder but around me, he gets quiet. Maybe we’re just not comfortable yet? But what can I do to make it more comfortable? What are good ways to talk about things that are fun?

Miss Behaven
    Miss Behaven
    Participant
    November 19, 2018 at 9:55 pm #189664

Perhaps pursue some interests, hobbies, lessons, volunteer work. When we take time to follow things we are curious about and learn new skills, develop new hobbies, we become more interesting and we have more to talk about. Follow the news, read science/news magazines and you will be surprised at all the topics of conversation that arise. If you have difficulty making conversation, end the evening early… you just remembered you need to wash your hair/ shampoo the dog/ put the recycling out. Lol.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    November 22, 2018 at 6:00 pm #189707

The goal is to be around those who make you feel comfortable being yourself.
    If you or your mate has to change your core being to make a relationship ‘work’ you’re probably with the wrong person.
    No one should be having sex if they really don’t want to.

It’s normal for couples to be extremely passionate and romantic during the first few months they’re together.
    However as they get to know each other more they open up about their thoughts, goals, and insecurities about life.
    A loving partner helps them by being reassuring and supportive as they pursue their dreams.

When someone does not (trust) their partner or the nature of their relationship it’s hard to be emotionally intimate.
    You shouldn’t have to force yourself to “open up” or “bare your soul” to anyone.
    Those are things which happen naturally when YOU believe you’ve met someone special.
    Not everyone you date or have a relationship with is meant to be “the one”.
    Enjoy it for what it is and don’t force anything.

Anonobody
    Anonobody
    Participant
    November 23, 2018 at 10:06 am #189724

It is difficult for us introverts in the dating world. I have found that it is best if either your parter is ok with taking you out into places you would normally not go as long as you are also ok with it and there is a mutual understanding that you are introverted and may be uncomfortable in certain situations, OR you find another introvert and do things together that you are both comfortable with.