Awkward situation

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Awkward situation

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2018 at 5:07 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

silentwind
    silentwind
    Participant
    November 5, 2018 at 10:43 am #188732
    Awkward situation

i want you to know that i live in middle east, so our kind of dating differs from most of the world
    im at medical school, at my 5th year(medical college is made up of 6 years in here), so i like a girl from my class, shes a very close friend of another one who has a crush on me, but i dont like her at all, so i dont really know how to approach the girl that i like(from my 5 years of experience with the girl ik that she likes me as well), the thing about dating in my country is that we do it secretly, first on social media and text messages then real dating which might come after a year(ik it sucks), another thing that disrupts me is that the girl that i like really likes to show off, like if i became close to her she will tell almost everyone in my class, which i dont really want, since ive got an ex among them which i dont want her to know because she still loves me.

so in summary i just want to get her message me without other girls in my class finding out about it.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    November 5, 2018 at 5:59 pm #188773

“..the girl that i like really likes to show off, like if i became close to her she will tell almost everyone in my class, which {i dont really want},” So basically you’re saying: She is not “the one” for you!
    If a woman has to {change who she is} to be with you then she’s WRONG for you.

Generally speaking people don’t change unless (they) are unhappy.
    Very few people are walking around with their hand raised in the air screaming: “I want someone to change me!”
    Most people want to be loved and appreciated for who they are.

Secondly you shouldn’t care if your ex knows you’re dating someone new.
    Life goes on. She’ll have to get over it!

Thirdly and this is probably the biggest challenge of them all;

The girl you like is best friends with the one who has a crush on you!
    Not many “good friends” would go behind a friend’s back and date someone they knew their friend liked.
    Most people wouldn’t kill a friendship over some guy or girl they are not already emotionally invested in.

CJ
    CJ
    Participant
    November 14, 2018 at 6:57 am #189313

good luck regardless , wish you the best

November 15, 2018 at 5:40 pm #189445

Buy her a bagel