Back into the dating world after a few years..

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2019 at 1:06 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

JustAGuy92
    JustAGuy92
    Participant
    November 3, 2019 at 8:19 am #224535

Title says it ..

I’m finally putting myself back on the dating scene after around 3 years being single.

I just wanted your opinion/advice on how I can begin a conversation with someone online without being common or boring like “hey” “hi”

All advice appreciated .. thank you.

Ps I am a male.. and thought it would be best to get females advice on this matter .

• This topic was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by JustAGuy92 JustAGuy92.
    Jack_P
    Jack_P
    Participant
    November 3, 2019 at 3:53 pm #224540

Best advice I can give you is to find hobbies where you automatically meet people. That way it will be easier for you to enlarge your social circle, and make friends, female friends too, without having to approach women in bars and clubs. If you have the time, just pick something that you like and go for it! Swing dancing, or any kind of dance really, yoga, pilates, choirs, cooking classes, photography… anything! Enjoy it, become good at it. You might find a passion that changes your life! You will make friends, and you will meet many beautiful interesting women with whom you already share a passion.
    If you still want to go the online route… well there are dozens of blogs about this, just google them and you will find many ideas. Or simply look closely at the photos and bios of the girls you like, find something that makes you curious, ask them questions about that. See if you can find something to tease them and make them laugh. Good luck with it buddy!

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    November 4, 2019 at 1:24 am #224549

First of all being single and dating aren’t mutually exclusive.
    Single doesn’t mean one isn’t going out on dates or living like a monk/nun.
    A single person is just someone who is not married or in a serious/exclusive committed relationship.

The best advice is to always be yourself.
    With regard to online dating it’s always a good idea to read the woman’s profile.
    If you have a similar interest in something you can make a comment about it/ask her a question about it.

Lets face it there are no “magic words” that will make a woman attracted to a guy she finds unattractive!
    So much of meeting people online begins with how attractive someone finds your profile picture to be.

Odds are you yourself won’t reach out to women you are NOT attracted to. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    Most likely a guy who looks like Danny DeVito isn’t going to end up with a girl who looks like Charlize Theron.

Another factor is whether or not she likes your profile/what you’ve written.