Back on the scene after 13 years – In need of a tune up

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Back on the scene after 13 years – In need of a tune up

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2020 at 11:11 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

GJ
    GJ
    Participant
    February 2, 2019 at 2:26 pm #194026
    Reply To: Back on the scene after 13 years – In need of a tune up

2. Why do you think you know so little about one of the major reasons people are in a relationship (why she was attracted to you)?

III.You shared that you kept it light hearted and had fun.
    What does light hearted mean?

IV.In your opening post you asked; “How do I keep up with a young girl and make her excited. I would think that being with a guy who is finically stable, physically fit, and attractive would be a good start?”
    1. You see Stonetemplepilot the theme of money and how fit a body keeps coming up as things that you champion. There is a hidden roadblock within you that prevent you from seeing the road to a healthy and fulfilling relationship with a woman. And I mean any woman; younger, the same age, or older.
    2. A 20 year old woman is most likely going to be with you for the very reasons you say you want to avoid. Kindly answer the questions above and let’s try to expose this roadblock so you can move in the direction you desire.

GJ

stonetemplepilot
    stonetemplepilot
    Participant
    February 2, 2019 at 7:39 pm #194035

1. What are your thoughts and feelings about a woman being more dependent on you?
    – Depends on how you define dependent but if you are talking from a money standpoint its not the end of the world as long as I feel like she is into me, not just my money.
    2. What are your thoughts and feelings about a woman who is with you for only a meal ticket?
    – Not the best feeling because that means she isn’t into me – just my resources and what I can provide. Or makes me feel like I only qualify because I have resources first. But hey, thats just a reality. I know lots of women qualify men by what they can provide. Thats like an innate instinct for some.
    3. Why are you so concerned about a woman being with you for only your money?
    – This isn’t a hangup for me, but I think no self respecting person wants to be used. Because that means the next guy who has more to offer could just come along and one day I’m kicked to the curb.

II. 1) I guess now that you bring it up, but that ship has sailed.

GJ
    GJ
    Participant
    February 2, 2019 at 8:16 pm #194036

Hello Stonetemplepilot

It appears that you didn’t see the continuation of my reply. I will copy it here. Kindly finish answering the following and I will get back to you.
    2. Why do you think you know so little about one of the major reasons people are in a relationship (why she was attracted to you)?

IV.In your opening post you asked; “How do I keep up with a young girl and make her excited. I would think that being with a guy who is finically stable, physically fit, and attractive would be a good start?”
    1. You see Stonetemplepilot the theme of money and how fit a body keeps coming up as things that you champion. There is a hidden roadblock within you that prevent you from seeing the road to a healthy and fulfilling relationship with a woman. And I mean any woman; younger, the same age, or older.

GJ
    GJ
    Participant
    February 2, 2019 at 8:16 pm #194037

2. A 20 year old woman is most likely going to be with you for the very reasons you say you want to avoid. Kindly answer the questions above and let’s try to expose this roadblock so you can move in the direction you desire.

GJ

stonetemplepilot
    stonetemplepilot
    Participant
    February 2, 2019 at 10:21 pm #194038

Ah, yes I did miss the second half of your post. But thank you for cutting to the chase: “A 20 year old woman is most likely going to be with you for the very reasons you say you want to avoid.”

Honestly I started to feel the same way after someone said I am old enough to be her father. Specifically trying to date 20yr olds wasn’t the intention, that would be a complete overcompensation.. (and in fact even that would make me sound very creepy). The point was I wanted to date younger a woman. However, I see the error in my thought process. I should be open to a woman of whatever age crosses my path. I’m a bit gun shy about older women now but I guess you never know.

GJ
    GJ
    Participant
    February 3, 2019 at 11:39 am #194054

Hello Stonetemplepilot

I would really like to help you understand what’s going on for you. Been through this scenario too many times helping people. Failure to work through your past relationship will most likely keep you in an endless loop repeating this situation over and over again. We see it in your actions running for a 20 year old without really understanding what your feeling, thinking and doing other than you wanted to feel better. Taking heroine to feel better is one way but not the best if you want a healthy life. Kindly finish answering the following and I will get back to you.

GJ
    GJ
    Participant
    February 3, 2019 at 11:40 am #194055

IV.In your opening post you asked; “How do I keep up with a young girl and make her excited. I would think that being with a guy who is financally stable, physically fit, and attractive would be a good start?”

GJ

stonetemplepilot
    stonetemplepilot
    Participant
    August 2, 2019 at 8:56 pm #204778

Hey Everyone,

I’m back with a new perspective… I’ve met a couple great girls, one in their 30s other in their 40s. I gotta say when you feel a spark/connection its just cool. I’m not so much stuck on a number anymore. Now just more of if we like each other do our goals and timeframes align. Been a good 6 months. I learned a lot. Neither of these girls are my future and we’re no longer seeing each other, but it sure was fun getting my groove back.

Thanks everyone for your perspective.

chrishen
    chrishen
    Participant
    August 3, 2019 at 12:50 am #204784

It’s a numbers game man.

When she doesnt reply, roll off for 48 hours. Send her a text of a picture or something. No questions. Give value.

Still no response, maybe try again in a week, but keep texting others.

Then onto the next if shes none responsive.

sara77
    sara77
    Participant
    August 12, 2019 at 8:45 pm #205296

Truthfully I never asked her directly why she was into me.. its just not something that ever crossed my mind. But I think she liked me because:

I was rapidly advancing through my career. Which afforded us a better life as time went on.
    I had experiences she hadn’t and we built new mutual experiences together.
    I kept in shape; exercise and being healthy was important to me.
    We kept it lighthearted and had fun.

Shorte
    Shorte
    Participant
    August 13, 2019 at 7:23 am #205305

Meet her as if she is your age. No need to try to adjust to the age, because you are who you are, you can’t change yourself and become younger. Just know some fresh trends and be yourself!

1 2