Backburner

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Backburner

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2018 at 3:47 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Akue44
    Akue44
    Participant
    May 8, 2018 at 10:34 am #172528
    Backburner

I met a women while deployed and we’ve been talking almost every single day. I’ve gotten un asked for pictures and she has undoubtedly expressed her interest in me. I had left early from deployment and we talked as normal, however this last month has had me holding up the conversations. One day she posted a snapchat story saying someone called her their princess and I asked if she was and she replied with yes. I go a week and a half blocking her on social media and I recently unblocked her and asked if she was just too nice to tell me she found someone she’s more interested in, because the not knowing was killing me. She just played dumb and pretended not to know what I was talking about, so I asked her if she wanted to go out when she came back and she said no. So basically I ask her what our relationship is to her and she just made me rephrase the question 3 times before I gave up. I’m undoubtedly on the backburner and I want her to either put me on the flame or take me off entirely

Akue44
    Akue44
    Participant
    May 8, 2018 at 10:39 am #172529

Is there any advice on how to get this done, if i give her an ultimatum i’m almost entirely certain she’ll ignore it and pretend she never got it. And if I go and see other women, unless they really sweep me off my feet like this one did then at her request i would drop and go running back to her, which is unfair to whoever I decide to court. I can deal with being rejected, I can’t deal with being an interest she never told to go away.

Coach_Michael21
    Coach_Michael21
    Participant
    May 8, 2018 at 10:23 pm #172614

Hi Akue,

I’m going to be honest, this does not sound like a healthy male/female interaction. It sounds like she is playing a lot of games with you, trying to keep you guessing as to whether she is interested or not. She probably likes the attention you give her, and is purposely not telling you directly because she likes the fact that you are chasing her.

In my experience, women like this are rarely interested in a serious relationship. Women who are truly interested make it easier, not harder, for you to know and understand their intentions towards you.I understand that you are attracted to her, but I would strongly advise backing away from her and seeing other women. No doubt there are plenty out there who are just as attractive she is….. but without the games. Hope this helps!

ake1155
    ake1155
    Participant
    May 15, 2018 at 8:50 pm #174297

I was in the same situation man…

randomdude101
    randomdude101
    Participant
    May 21, 2018 at 1:50 am #174671

man you’ve got it bad. Best is to just offer her an ultimatum and get it over with asap