Begging for Help.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Begging for Help.

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2018 at 7:28 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

silentsurfer21
    silentsurfer21
    Participant
    April 13, 2018 at 11:21 am #170471
    Begging for Help.

So, i’ve been with my ex-girlfriend for 5 years. At the root of everything, we had a really good, strong and loving relationship. Because I am now 21 (so we started being together when I was 16), I was quite naive about certain aspects of having a relationship. There were certain aspects of the relationship I constantly said I would change and didn’t. In my first year of university i broke up with her for two weeks because I thought it was a bad idea (even though we were in the same university). Anyway, basically, i kept saying i would change and never did. I took her for granted. She got frustrated with me one night and spilled hot tea on me. So I said we had to break up because that was too far for it to get to that stage. But i realised quickly that i can’t live without her… it’s been a month and I am not seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. I told her how i feel and she agreed to one date. What sorts of questions should I ask her on the date? Or what should we talk about?

trapir97
    trapir97
    Participant
    April 14, 2018 at 2:08 pm #170555

This relationship sounds toxic. Do not go back to it.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    April 15, 2018 at 1:34 am #170583

In all honesty very few people especially these days finds their “soulmate” at age 16. Odds are you two were going to eventually breakup.
    Most young people pursue relationships before figuring out who (they) are let alone know what they need in a mate for life.
    The teens and 20s for most people is about growing, learning, and evolving. Very few guys in your age range are ready to settle down.
    Right now the top focus for both of you should be getting your degrees and setting yourselves up for establishing your careers.

You said: “But i realised quickly that i can’t live without her.” Truth is you lived most of your life without her!
    Out of the 21 years you’ve been on this planet you have only known her for 5 years of it.
    Movies and romance novels convince us love is suppose to be messy and full of drama.
    You also said: “I constantly said I would change and didn’t.”
    If you have to “change” to make a relationship “work” there’s a good chance you’re with the (wrong person).

Arthus4
    Arthus4
    Participant
    April 17, 2018 at 12:04 am #170847

Good advice Dashingscorpio.

jetli123
    jetli123
    Participant
    April 18, 2018 at 12:48 am #170924

Second that to Dashing scorpio