Being judged right away, living with a disability

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2019 at 1:38 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

April 8, 2019 at 1:11 am #198261

Professional advice is needed.
    Do research about “dating an autistic woman” and people who lived in foster care homes (hard to open up because of that)

Meet with a guy on the first date, went well, I felt a connection. Interests the same, good values, same interest in job related. You get the idea.
    But here is the part most guys don’t know, I have Mild Autism. I was born with it, there is no ultimate cure.
    After the date, I recieve a text in short, “I see a friend, I feel no connection.”
    People who have Mild Autism struggle sending out body cues to make a “connection”.
    I feel like I was discriminated for having Autism (a spectrum). However I did tell the guy about it afterwards his text and no reply.
    In my point of view, I felt he judged me too quickly and didn’t give me a chance for the 2nd or 3rd date to determine if there was a connection.
    Now, in very friendly advice, do you think he should’ve kept an open mind of a possibility there could be a connection? Not love, just sparking.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    April 15, 2019 at 1:04 pm #198641

You said: ” most guys don’t know, I have Mild Autism.” and ” I did tell the guy about it {afterwards} ….”
    By your own admission he rejected you BEFORE he (knew) about your Autism!
    Everyone gets rejected! (And) Everyone rejects other people!
    No one says “yes” to any and every person.

If there is no chemistry/physical attraction, or if one person didn’t have a great time there will not be a {second date}.
    Men usually pay for dates. Not many guys would want to invest time/money on a so-so date.

It’s human nature to believe if you didn’t have a certain: disability, skin color, or you were a different height/weight…etc
    No matter who you are or what you look like there are going to be people who don’t see (you) as being “the one”!
    That’s life!

In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: Next!

You might want to consider joining a niche dating site specifically for highly functional special needs people.
    SpectrumSingles dot com and AutisticDating dot net may provide you with better prospects.

aray808311
    aray808311
    Participant
    June 17, 2019 at 8:21 am #202199

yeah good point
    i was going to say there should be online dating sites specifically for autism or other disabilities