Big Box moment

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Big Box moment

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2018 at 1:09 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Babayaga80
    Babayaga80
    Participant
    May 29, 2018 at 1:00 pm #175476
    Big Box moment

Okay I need some insight. Just want some advice if I should even pursue or just move on? I have to visit a big box store that sells things in bulk. Here’s the story, I make a pass by a register and a girl catches my eye and she looks up and we exchange some glances and smiles. I was with my boss and had no chance to even try to set up so i couldn’t say hi. So the following week my sister and brother in law are visiting and had to stop in and happen to see here again(same smiles etc) I couldn’t get a chance because the girl went on break, couldn’t find her. So I don’t want to look like some creepy guy, I wait like 2 weeks because once again bulk store so I have to have a reason and take shot to see if she’s working. Bonus she is! I grab my stuff, head up I see her and she completely ignores me? like doesn’t even look my way and moves over to another register? I couldn’t get her attention. So the long and short is What happened? I still have to use the place. Do I even try?

Aka Akuma
    Aka Akuma
    Participant
    June 7, 2018 at 8:25 pm #176524

This is a rookie mistake. If you are going to try pickup on a service women, you need either serious game or very high attraction. Service women run the gambit from convince store check out, to waitress, to stripper bar girl. Search the internet for literature/interviews/movies on this if you want to pull this type of game, but it is very difficult because these women are gaming you for service and $$$. I run very good game and I don’t even acknowledge service women in their job as real people. It is actually rude to try pickup on them because you could jeopardize their employment or force them into a position that is unpleasant while they are on the job. It is really a bad idea and only a desperate boy would do this. DON’T DO THIS! With this girl, it’s over. You may be able to work her if you meet at a party or somewhere outside her job. Typically if you do try, you have one shot with these workers and if you miss your window you are now a seriously “creepy guy.”

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    June 10, 2018 at 2:56 pm #176644

Let it go!
    Anyone who does “customer service” for a living most likely smiles at just about anyone who enters the store.
    It would be foolish to read anything into the fact such a person smiled or was even friendly towards you.
    It’s their job to smile and be friendly to customers!

patrice agosto
    patrice agosto
    Participant
    June 10, 2018 at 5:51 pm #176648

I agree, customer service, which usially requires smiling at people is just that a job requirement. So I wouldn’t look too hard into that as a direct indicator that she likes you. However, if more blatant contact was made with this person without anything being reciprocated from her I would say it’s a no go. Perhaps you could ask to exchange numbers with her to see her response to be sure and kill any curiosity you may have… only if you’re able to handle rejection well if she should decline the offer. Good luck and hope this helps!

Babayaga80
    Babayaga80
    Participant
    June 10, 2018 at 6:06 pm #176650

Thank you for the insight and advice.