Blocked and frustrated

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Blocked and frustrated

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2019 at 12:16 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

bri82480
    bri82480
    Participant
    March 18, 2019 at 12:54 pm #196992
    Blocked and frustrated

So I met a girl from the world of online dating and we went on a date which was really good. During our first date she kept saying how much fun she was having and how she wanted to see me again rather quickly. I ended up buying her a small gift to give her for second date which I told her via text. We texted for about a week and she pretty much told me she was looking for a guy “to take care of her”. I told her that’s why i’m not really looking but she said she still wanted to hang out with me. I took that as meaning that she wanted to hang out as friends. Now we met up and had another great time hanging out and I still gave her the gift that I got her because I didn’t want it to go to waste. She kept bringing up things she would like to do with me and even the possibility of asking me to go with her to her friend’s wedding. Tried calling and texting her after date with no response. Emailed her too saying I hope the gift didn’t give you the wrong idea and still no response.

bri82480
    bri82480
    Participant
    March 18, 2019 at 1:33 pm #196998

What I don’t get is if I wasn’t what you were looking for why would you want to hang out with me again and immediately block me?

Ramone1234
    Ramone1234
    Participant
    March 19, 2019 at 8:45 am #197041

She was testing you. Maybe some other guy showed up. Did you kissed her at all? (By the way it’s too early for the gifts. It’s OK when she’s your girlfriend.)

bri82480
    bri82480
    Participant
    March 19, 2019 at 2:17 pm #197077

I did kiss her on the lips. It was a small gift nothing big but I get it.

Skreut74
    Skreut74
    Participant
    March 21, 2019 at 12:56 am #197215

Dealing with a ghosting situation myself right now. You can keep asking WHY she did what she did..but it will just drive you crazy. Unfortunately there is no rhyme or reason for what woman do.

bri82480
    bri82480
    Participant
    March 22, 2019 at 9:41 am #197292

Thanks Skreut74. It’s frustrating because I don’t believe in ignoring people. Also don’t talk about future plans with me if you have no intention of hanging out again. I’m getting over it…………

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    March 22, 2019 at 7:26 pm #197473

Two dates does not make for a relationship. Especially in the online dating world.
    No one feels obligated to offer “closure” after so few dates these days.

“she pretty much told me she was looking for a guy “to take care of her”
    ” I told her that’s why i’m not really looking..”

Here’s what probably happened.

She only went out again with you because you told her you bought her a gift.
    From her point of view it sounded like there was “still a chance” you might want to take care of her.

However on the second date she realized you really weren’t looking for a “sugar baby”.
    She’s probably telling her friends she met a guy who singed up for an online dating site who isn’t “really looking”.
    Therefore “hanging out” with you was a waste of her time.

Give her some credit for telling you early on that she was a “gold digger”.

On some level you became too emotionally invested.
    Odds are you weren’t keeping your options open by dating other women.
    Otherwise you’d move on.

bri82480
    bri82480
    Participant
    March 25, 2019 at 12:35 pm #197574

You bring up some good points dashing scorpio. Trust me I wasn’t emotionally invested after just two dates. I just don’t understand why so many women are so immature to discuss what’s on their mind. Just tell me you’re not what I’m looking for. I respect those women much more.than ones who ghost you.

atchco2516
    atchco2516
    Participant
    March 26, 2019 at 5:53 pm #197700
    Reply To: Blocked and frustrated

Looks like she was just being nice without letting you down too hard or hurrying your feelings. She accepted the date, and hinted how she wanted a guy to take care of her and wanted you to hang out with her friends. You got friend zoned. Move on