Boyfriend Says He's Changed

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2018 at 9:45 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

teetee97
    teetee97
    Participant
    December 25, 2017 at 9:02 am #160971

I’m a college student and I have been with my boyfriend for a year and a half. Everything has been amazing, and we are so in love. We have talked about our future. However, I left to study abroad in Europe for 4 months, and now have returned, but am on winter break. He said he feels as if everything is different and will not be the same once we go back to school. He told me he will try at continuining the relationship but he sounds very negative. The only thing is he still texts me romantic messages, says he loves me, and acts like he is excited to see me again once we go back to college. I’m very confused. When I ask him to explain how he has changed and what will be different, he says it is hard for him to explain. I am feeling very depressed and am completely distraught. I keep telling myself this wouodn’t have happened if I never left. Do you think he has just psyched himself out because he hasn’t seen me in so long and that it will be fine once we are back in school together?

justwantreal1
    justwantreal1
    Participant
    December 26, 2017 at 1:16 am #160984

It could be that he just missed you and was hurt that you were gone for so long but if his behavior has not improved I would try and have a sit down one to one and talk it through

BadlyFrustrated
    BadlyFrustrated
    Participant
    January 30, 2018 at 6:26 pm #163935

I agree. Sit down with him in person. He’ll probably open up to you way more in person than though an email or text.

swaneyrl
    swaneyrl
    Participant
    January 30, 2018 at 9:10 pm #163940

Sit down in person