Building tension and flirting over text

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2020 at 8:11 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

alc2210
    alc2210
    Participant
    May 22, 2020 at 1:31 am #234224

I have been texting a girl (both mid 20s), we met online, not a dating sight per se, but another forum actually. Recently, we exchanged pictures. She said “haha you’re cute”. I replied, “I know (smirk emoji), but the cuteness is just a facade”. She replied to this with “haha only if you grow a beard”.

Another girl just messaged me on a dating app, after break. I thought she would unmatch me. The conversation came to how she likes to “play the field”.

I want to tease them both, lead the convos and create some tension, without being creepy. How should I respond to them? I have always been shy and cautious, and this has probably disadvantaged me. I want to be bold, but not inappropriate. I am willing to be more risky with the second one, I don’t want to stuff up the first one. Any ideas?

GMale
    GMale
    Participant
    May 23, 2020 at 11:50 pm #234281

I know, but the cuteness is just a facade is similar to saying, perfection my greatest weakness.

She was being more funny than you and you didn’t notice.

Also, don’t smirk for at least a year. try to get several positive responses without using the smirk emoji before you use it.

What did you say that caused her to compliment you?

If she says you’re cute you can structure the messages to go straight to a normal question or exchange contacts.