Can’t figure her out

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Can’t figure her out

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2018 at 3:46 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Mr.Anonymous88
    Mr.Anonymous88
    Participant
    May 20, 2018 at 8:21 pm #174659
    Can’t figure her out

Ok so I’ve posted about this girl from my work before, prob about a month ago. I was getting mixed signals, hot and cold interactions and wasn’t sure if she still had a boyfriend (who was working at same job but quit and moved like 2 months ago). So more recently, we’ve started talking more at work like I finally thought she was warming up to me (she strikes me as the shy type) but our conversations were getting more “fun” and flirty in my opinion. I’d tease her and laugh with her. She seemed to like it. Also interactions would be more frequent and we always make eye contact from a distance or when passing each other and I catch her looking at me and vice versa. So I started figuring ok this girl has to be somewhat interested in me for sure. About a week ago, we walked out to our cars together and it was just me and her so I finally got the balls and just asked for her number straight away. She gave it to me no prob it seemed. I mean she was shy about it but gave it non the less.

Mr.Anonymous88
    Mr.Anonymous88
    Participant
    May 20, 2018 at 8:32 pm #174660

I just said, “ I just thought I’d get your number cause your pretty cool” then we said bye and we’d see each other the next day on shift and I went home with a big smile on my face. I texted her like 20 mins after the fact with my name so she’d know it was me. I figured she say something to that. Nothing from her end. See her next day at work and we don’t talk until the first break. She doesn’t say anything about the number or text or nothing and I don’t want to push it so I just talk casually with her. She seemed a little withdrawn oh and was on her phone texting or something when I was standing right there, I’m thinking like fucking really girl? Any ways I just ignored it and got back to work. We didn’t talk at all the rest of the day, she was talking with another coworker (another guy) for like the last 2 hours of the shift. I was pretty irritated by it honestly but I didn’t show it, I don’t think. But funny thing is I kept catching her looking at me as if she was doing it on……

Mr.Anonymous88
    Mr.Anonymous88
    Participant
    May 20, 2018 at 8:38 pm #174661

…purpose. I’d see her looking at me from a distance then when we got up close she’s pretend to not notice me and be talking to the other guy. Anyways long story short shift ended I walked out to my car and she wasn’t far behind me still talking with the one duchebag guy. I was in my car and She did look at me directly and wave bye to me as she passed my car. I’m like what the fuck is she trying to do?? I just waved and drove off. Anyways I figure ok I texted her once, maybe Iit wasn’t enough for her to say anything? So I text her again that night (she worked and I didn’t) I just said have a good shift and teased her with a joke I know she’d laugh at in person. Still no text response. So IDK guys. What do you think? I feel like she’s just fucking with me and I DO NOT like it one bit, but I ain’t gonna be a dick and confront her on it. I don’t want to look weak or go overboard on her.

Mr.Anonymous88
    Mr.Anonymous88
    Participant
    May 20, 2018 at 8:38 pm #174662

A lot I know. But thanks for any feedback.

randomdude101
    randomdude101
    Participant
    May 21, 2018 at 8:14 am #174676

Apparently girls send out mixed signals when they just come out of a relationship. Why not just ask her out to coffee (or dinner) and make your intentions clear?

Coach_Michael21
    Coach_Michael21
    Participant
    May 21, 2018 at 12:27 pm #174767

Your objective at this point is clear….ask her out, just an innocent coffee or tea date. Her response will indicate her level of interest. Do it… before Mr. “Douchebag” beats you to it!

divya
    divya
    Participant
    May 22, 2018 at 12:07 pm #174895

Take Some Time and Then Proceed

Uravareageteen
    Uravareageteen
    Participant
    May 22, 2018 at 5:22 pm #174954

She has interest in you, it’s obvious. But she wants to take it slow and see how dedicated you are to winning her over. (Talking with that other guy).

freespirit26
    freespirit26
    Participant
    May 23, 2018 at 12:58 pm #175045

Proceed with caution! It sounds like she is interested but not in a rush to move things along.

the_gangsta
    the_gangsta
    Participant
    May 23, 2018 at 8:26 pm #175090
    Reply To: Can’t figure her out

Maybe casually date her if you’re interested, she probably doesn’t want anything serious right now. Take it slow and see where it goes.

jason90
    jason90
    Participant
    May 25, 2018 at 3:28 pm #175346

Texting girls to have “conversations” with them are generally bad ideas. You should use texts sparingly to ask a girl out and that’s about it.

Mr.Anonymous88
    Mr.Anonymous88
    Participant
    May 25, 2018 at 5:58 pm #175376

Well it seems everyone has a different idea of what I should do. Seems like the majority however are saying ease up and give it some time. At this point I feel I should just back off a bit/go with instinct as time goes by. I’m by no means a moron but damn, I will say this brod isn’t making it easy. Anyways, thanks for your feedback ladies and gents.