can't figure this guy out

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2019 at 10:06 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Anonymous
    Anonymous
    May 20, 2019 at 10:55 am #200728

hi everyone! so i’m graduating in 2 weeks (highschool). Let’s call this guy John (as in john doe). I’m pretty new to this school, came last year for junior year but I was barely there for personal reasons and never saw John around. However, before this year started, for a pre-season sport I was at school early and so was he. I met him by him basically handing me the ball every time it landed in his court. Never saw him or heard of him after that until a month or two later when he followed me on instagram. I followed him back, liked his picture expecting him to like mine back for some kind of signal but nothing. Then after thanksgiving break he deletes his instagram. I have no form of talking to him, especially cause I don’t have any classes with him. Didn’t care for him until a couple of weeks ago I added him on snap and he added me back in minutes. He looks at all my stories and 2 days ago I accidentally sent him my location through snap, I have no idea how that happened. (continue)

Anonymous
    Anonymous
    May 20, 2019 at 10:59 am #200729

So i snapped him through chat saying sorry it was for someone else, because saying it was an accident seemed like a too cheesy excuse and might seem like it was on purpose. i wake up to see that he ignored that chat, and I was really confused about it as even as friends or someone you don’t know I would figure you would say its okay at the least. Well, later that day he sent me a snap of him and we went back and forth for the whole day through the night. at night he would take snaps with him being shirtless, but me being terrible at snap, i waited till the next early afternoon to answer him because i know i had to look presentable when i answer him. well during that window, i posted some stories and he saw them all. when i answered his snap, he replied and he always replies in 2-3 minutes. after i replied to him he ignored me! he kept snapping the entire night and even right now. i saw him at the cafeteria & after he saw me, couple minutes later he left with his friend. what did I do?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    May 21, 2019 at 2:17 pm #200848

“i wake up to see that he ignored that chat…I would figure you would say its okay at the least..”

“he would take snaps with him being shirtless,…”
    “but me being terrible at snap, i waited till the next early afternoon to answer him because i know i had to look presentable..”

So when he didn’t respond you said he “ignored” your chat.
    When you didn’t respond (essentially doing the same thing) it was because you weren’t “presentable”.
    HOW IS HE SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT?

The problem here is you are both too immature.
    An old school {phone conversation} would have avoided all of this.
    Throughout all of your Instagram and Snaps no one bothered to exchange phone numbers.
    You can’t establish a relationship without actually talking with and being with someone.

Secondly you’re stressing over nothing.
    Very few people meet their “soulmate” while in their teens!
    In other words odds are high this was never going to work out either way.

Lastly if you have to “figure out” a guy it usually means he’s not (into you).

sk123
    sk123
    Participant
    May 26, 2019 at 11:23 pm #201095

if you have to figure him out, I don’t think he’s super into you, maybe just too flirty

Tabithaclark
    Tabithaclark
    Participant
    May 30, 2019 at 9:11 pm #201418

Social media makes relationships super complicated. But one things for certain, guys like girls who don’t play games and are real. Don’t “wait to be presentable”! Just snap him back.
    The other thing is, I know plenty of people who add people on snap and/or start streaks with people they barely know.
    Streaks and adding/folloeing people on social media is not a way to determine if someone likes you, because everyone does that (esp in high school)
    He sounds like you’re average high school boy taking shirtless pics and trying to see how many girls he can get to like him etc.
    Don’t fall for it 🙂

Thumper1978
    Thumper1978
    Participant
    June 8, 2019 at 10:09 am #201730

You are in high school, I know this seems like a big deal but it’s not. Yeah, it sound like he kinda likes you but if he’s already complaining about the way you Snapchat I wouldn’t worry too much. Either he’ll get over it or he’s going to make a terrible boyfriend. I would stress over it.