Can't get my best friend to honestly open up about our relationship.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 10:58 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

pupcak3
    pupcak3
    Participant
    April 28, 2018 at 2:27 pm #171796

I’ve been best friends with this person (who for the sake of simplicity we’ll just call a boy named T) for about 4 years now. We’ve always been very physically affectionate and close and even have helped each other out of some serious suicidal periods. We used to live together in college but have since graduated and moved apart for the time being. (we very likely will move somewhere together and be roommates again) The problem is that I can’t figure out what they actually think about me. Pretty early on we had a talk about if us getting sexually involvedwas a good idea, and we agreed that it’s probably not the best idea for us emotionally but there was no mention of a lack of interest. Friends around us always thought we were dating just because of how we get along. But T has been dating this guy for about 2 years now. (we’re bi) but the guy has always been emotionally unavailable and has severely hurt them before cause of it. (hes also horrible about respecting our trans identities

pupcak3
    pupcak3
    Participant
    April 28, 2018 at 2:33 pm #171797

the big thing is whenever the topic of our relationship came up they’ve alwaysbeen very careful to never actually say what their feelings are for me. We also have a very long history of flirting and they regularly make a point to tease me and make me blush and flustered because they know that that’s a huge turn on for me and they always say i’m cute when i’m like that and i forget how to speak. It’s very clear that they know it’s a sexual/romantic thing for me but they do it anyways despite them saying we’ll never be a thing. And I’ve always been so confused about what to do because I really really want a explicit answer on their feelings for me but it feels wrong to bring it up even tho our relationship is incredibly intimate and open and honest. I just don’t want to ruin our friendship but also i’m the only friend I see them be like this to buy a long shot and i’m just so tired of feeling like there’s something i should know. what do I do?