Change In Feelings?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Change In Feelings?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2018 at 5:12 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

hunterl72
    hunterl72
    Participant
    May 9, 2018 at 9:42 am #172648
    Change In Feelings?

27M here, I have a 22 year old girlfriend. We get along great, I play golf with her dad on weekends, we go to dinner with friends, it’s pretty great. We’ve had sex, but we both agreed that we’re not going to have sex anymore until marriage. She stays over pretty frequently, and rents a house about 30 minutes away. In June her lease is up and she is moving back home with her parents until after we get married which is when she will move in with me for good. We’re starting to plan our wedding in January – I haven’t proposed yet but she knows it’s coming in either June, July, or August. We wanted to get a head start on planning and have the wedding a few months after the engagement.

hunterl72
    hunterl72
    Participant
    May 10, 2018 at 9:21 am #172650

I guess the advice I’m looking for are things that have quietly bothered me but I’ve never really addressed them…
    Should I be worried that the relationship is going backwards? Moving home with her parents, going from sex to no sex (I agreed on this because we are religious and we know it’s bad, but we couldn’t help ourselves at first and we both felt guilty about it after we had done it for a few months), and her wanting to push the wedding back if she could?

She says she loves me and that she wants to marry me, she promised she wasn’t going to leave or anything but that some things have changed and she has had time to think about it all.

I’m just super confused with everything and I need advice.

hannah95
    hannah95
    Participant
    May 14, 2018 at 6:07 pm #174208

I don’t know your girlfriend, but she is only 22. Maybe she is ready for marriage, but it’s possible this is all happening fast for her. That could explain the pulling back a bit. You should really discuss you’re concerns with her. Getting married is a huge step and you wouldn’t want to just go through with it because you’re afraid of confrontation. Is it possible that you guys feel like you have to get married because of the whole sex thing?

mimijanell
    mimijanell
    Participant
    May 20, 2018 at 10:51 pm #174665

she may be ready for something new like marriage . .