Cheating guy

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Cheating guy

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    January 1, 2020 at 5:08 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

annayoung
    annayoung
    Participant
    December 7, 2019 at 11:12 am #226271
    Cheating guy

I’ve been seeing this guy for 2 months. He really cares for me, we went on a date, had dinner, introduced me to his friends, he stayed over and we even had sex and i fall for him but i just found out that he has a girlfriend who he has been dating for years. What should i do? Should i confront him?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    December 9, 2019 at 6:00 pm #226345

Did you ever ask him if he had a girlfriend or was dating other women?
    Did he proclaim the two of you were in an exclusive/committed relationship?
    Or Did YOU mistake a “situationship” for a relationship?

What do (you) hope to gain by confronting him?
    Do you really think he’s going to dump his girlfriend he’s been dating for (years)?

Like it or not YOU are the “other woman” or “side piece” in this scenario.
    Simply cut off all contact with him and start dating other guys.
    Be glad you found out in 8 weeks instead of eight months or years.

Ultimately you have found out what type of guy he is. You must decide if cheating is a “deal breaker”.
    The ball is in your court as to whether you want to continue to date a known cheater or stop seeing him.
    Clearly the fact that he introduced you to his friends proves (they) are likely in on his activities.

If you’re done with him don’t waste your time or energy confronting him.
    Forgive yourself for falling for him and move on.

frank34
    frank34
    Participant
    December 10, 2019 at 8:37 am #226356

if you were a virgin before having sex with him then you should follow him and ask him to marry you or stay with you. and if you already have done sex before him then you should move to another guy.

I’ve been seeing this guy for 2 months. He really cares for me, we went on a date, had dinner, introduced me to his friends, he stayed over and we even had sex and I fall for him but I just found out that he has a girlfriend who he has been dating for years. What should I do? Should I confront him?

sophie
    sophie
    Participant
    December 10, 2019 at 11:24 am #226382

I would walk away before you get really invested in this relationship. It sounds like he does not really respect women or relationships. If he thinks its acceptable to date more than one person at once, especially moving forward such as introducing you to friends, I would stay clear. Confront if it will help you but I think he will likely turn it on you saying its early days etc. Walk away and learn from this.

cassiebaines
    cassiebaines
    Participant
    December 11, 2019 at 4:56 am #226419

You need to just ask him lots of questions. If he truly knows what he wants then definitely he will stick to you but if he isnt sure you can walk away.

rpishotti
    rpishotti
    Participant
    December 13, 2019 at 10:17 am #226558

He’s mean and disrespectful. His girlfriend probably doesn’t know what’s going on.

Unique1
    Unique1
    Participant
    December 30, 2019 at 3:06 am #227058

Yes I would ask him in a calm cool respectful way.

frank34
    frank34
    Participant
    January 2, 2020 at 8:47 am #227104

you should walk away.

kamdynclark
    kamdynclark
    Participant
    January 2, 2020 at 8:36 pm #227208

ask him, but ultimately, do what is best for you, even if that means leaving.

crankyelf4
    crankyelf4
    Participant
    January 3, 2020 at 11:06 am #227240
    Reply To: Cheating guy

I’d highly recommend leaving. This wasn’t a mistake or an accident, he’s been deliberately misleading you for months.

emzmarriott
    emzmarriott
    Participant
    January 19, 2020 at 11:46 am #228068
    Reply To: Cheating guy

You should definitely confront him. It is not fair on you or the girlfriend